Street Twin Tour Luggage

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Sam Wells, Apr 11, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    TFFT!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    It was properly luggageless at the weekend :)

PXL_20230521_101815741.jpg

But then I wasn't bringing mine and my mate's wine back from France - he couldn't carry it of course because he only had a couple of small soft panniers on his 1250GSA...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  4. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Well, the Legend Gear kit has arrived from SW-Motech UK... in fact, it only took two days from ordering, which was great. I pick up the bike this coming Friday, so I'll post a couple of photos once I've fitted the rails and mounted the bags (and added a few other bits and pieces.).

First impressions are very good indeed. I went with the smaller 9.8l bags (in black), just in case I choose to change the stock peashooter end cans at some point in the future.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Well, I've fitted the Legend Gear kit, although remember that in this photo it's the smaller 9.8kg pannier. They do a 13.5kg version too, though.

The quality is fantastic.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. barneymusician

Jun 11, 2020
    Chiswick, London, UK

• Like Like x 1
  7. sgoat51

sgoat51 New Member

May 5, 2023
    Land of Enchantment USA
    I know I'm late to the thread but thought I'd show you my solution for soft luggage for my Speed Twin 900. Shown is a set of Cortech 2.0 saddlebags kept in check by a set of TEC "coat hangers". Very happy with this setup.

bags1.jpeg

bags4.jpeg

mount2.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  8. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I know we're going back 10 months with this thread but I'm in the process of looking for luggage to fit my Street Twin. I'm on a 5 day tour in Normandy in August. I need something that will lock to the bike but be easily removable.
    The SW-Motech gear may be what I'm looking for but to be frank I find all the options a little confusing. So my questions are:
    Are the pannier rails simple to fit?
    Is the pannier secure and quick to remove?
    You have 9.8L panniers, what is the alternative size and will the alternative fit to the same rails or do they require different rails?
    If possible do you remember the SW-M part numbers or codes (I'll be amazed if you do)?
    Finally, any chance of a pic showing the pannier rails?
    Cheers learningtofly!

9. JonS-Triumph

JonS-Triumph New Member
    Subscriber

Nov 3, 2023
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    I did a lot of looking around and went to my bike shop and this is what we ordered:
    https://sw-motech.us/bike/TRIUMPH/S...ts/luggage/saddlebags/BLAZE/4052572200162.htm

There is a nicer set that is a bit more that claims to fit this bike, BUT there is fine print that says on US models it blocks the rear turn signals. What I don't is what the difference is between the DP04 and DP04R is. These may not be the biggest but at tleast they should fit and allow for the upswept exhaush.