Street Twin 2016: Passenger Footpeg Removal

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Malcontent, Sep 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent New Member

Aug 15, 2020
    Scottish Highlands
    I've recently swapped out the stock seat on my Street Twin for a bullet seat + cowl. Now I'm thinking I don't need the passenger footpegs, either practically or for the next MOT.
    So I'd like to take 'em off - the whole assembly i.e. footpeg + bracket, seems to attach to the endcan hanger by a nut and bolt. I'm thinking I need to get that off and replace it with a similar shorter bolt so the endcan is supported.
    Just wondering if any of you good folk on here have done this? Any help totally appreciated, thanks.
    This is it.....
    20200826_115249_2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    You can buy pillion footrest blanks for the Bonneville, some are listed on eBay and Norman Hyde sell some, I would assume that they would also fit the Street Twin. They are only an M8 bolt with a large head and lock nut to secure the exhausts.
    I have the Norman Hyde ones on my T100 Bonneville and there was no problem at MOT time

3. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I seem to remember the MOT is such that if you have a seat for a pillion you must have foot pegs and seat strap and or grab rail. If no seat then neither is required