Street Triple 765 Rs Gearbox Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Camflet123, Aug 2, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Camflet123

Camflet123 New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Scotland
    Hi everyone...
    I’ve got a 2017 Street Triple RS 765.. I’ve had it 2 months, love it but I’ve noticed on the last few rides that it often won’t change down when I want to change down gear using the clutch (no auto blipper)..
    Not ideal when heading towards a bend at speed and you need the correct gear for the corner... it’s intermittent.. sometimes it rarely happens but whilst out today it might takes 3 or 4 attempts to change down...
    No problems at all changing up gears, either using the clutch or the quick shifter..
    Anybody else have the same issue on their STrs?
    All the best
    Cam

2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Put on your big boy pants and man up
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  3. Camflet123

Camflet123 New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Scotland
    Hey

4. SuperHans

SuperHans Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    When was it last serviced?
    Does it happen when the engine is warm or cold or both?

5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi Cam, I owned a 2017 for about 15 months / 5600 miles & never had this issue, I have had issues on other bikes though, I would suggest first check the linkage is tight then try adjusting the gear lever a couple of mm higher so that you get a good positive boot on it when changing down, if it still happening after this then it may be a gear selector problem?

6. Camflet123

Camflet123 New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Scotland
    Thanks for the replies.... I took it into my
    Local bike garage who readjusted the clutch lever and said the clutch was fine... I’m not convinced it’s sorted..
    But the mechanic emphasised how important it was to blip the throttle on the downshift for a positive downshift.. had a few missed downshifts on the way home, but I was having such a blast hooning through the mountains past the tourists that forgot to care..
    I’ll have to go to the dealership if it continues..
    As for the Q referring the engine temperature, it only really happens when the engine is running hot...

• Like Like x 1