Street Triple 765 Rs Arrow Baffle Removal

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RS Robbo, Jul 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RS Robbo

RS Robbo New Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Kent
    Hi all,

Having searched the forum I cannot seem to find any information about removing the baffle from an Arrow exhaust (EU spec) on a Street Triple 765 RS.

I believe it’s hidden away as not visible from the carbon tip and is possibly spot welded in place. Can anyone help or advise?

Cheers in advance, Robbo

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daniel Lovatt

Daniel Lovatt New Member

Mar 16, 2022
    Derby UK
    Hi Robbo,

Did you have any luck removing the baffle?

I have just bought one and i’m in the same boat as you .

thanks

Dan

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    You know chaps i wouldn't bother the way they are rolling out those noise camera's now. Could end up being an expensive mod at £100 a time.
    Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daniel Lovatt

Daniel Lovatt New Member

Mar 16, 2022
    Derby UK
    Hi Joe,

I think these are front facing anpr cameras so shouldn’t affect bikes.

I currently have a racefit exhaust that’s far too loud even with the baffle in.

that’s why I thought I’d get the arrow and remove the baffle, which doesn’t make it much louder but produces more bass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dave Lovatt.
    Sure thing go for it and in your case you might save the money.
    Joe.

6. Rince

Rince New Member

May 10, 2023
    Bristol
    Did you find out how to remove the baffles, I have one the same.

7. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I'd say the arrow is even quieter than the stock unit (I have one too) . I don't think its an easy task removing the baffles in the EU Arrow can. If you want more noise I'd buy something else.

8. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    The EU Arrow exhaust has a none removable baffle to meet the Euro Emissions, the Arrow exhaust for the American market does has the removable baffle. As people have said the Arrow exhaust with the baffle is no louder than the OEM one, from your post I guess you have not yet purchased the Arrow exhaust, if that is the case then I would recommend looking at an alternative, a lot depends on what appeals to you aesthetically, do you want a high level exhaust like the Akrapovic, or the low level like the OEM, if you like the low types then you have lots of choice, I have a number of different exhausts for my STRS 765 and change them over when I fancy a change. The Yoshimura I have has a nice deep sound with the baffle in, without the baffle it really does sound nice especially when you reach higher revs, the Scorpion I have has a lovely link pipe that I think suits the machine better, it sounds deep with the baffle in and reasonably loud with no baffle, but not in an anti social way, both exhausts have the baffles easily removed in a matter of minutes. You do not mention the year of your machine, I say this as from 2020 the exhaust header pipes are a slightly different diameter at the end, so be careful when choosing, some exhaust manufacturers say their exhausts will fit 2017 to 2023, this is not the case. Fitting an aftermarket rear exhaust will obviously remove the second Cat, however the good news is that the EMU will automatically re adjust the fuelling to compensate, so nothing additional is needed. Below are a couple of photos of the Yoshimura and Scorpion exhausts, I have just put the Scorpion back on for a change. I did have a Racefit Growler exhaust with the welded diffuser, however it was loud, and I mean verging on anti social loud so that went, even the Growler that has a baffle is very loud. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker when open pipes were the norm.

thumbnail_IMG_2317.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2338.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2339.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2340.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2317.jpg

9. Rince

Rince New Member

May 10, 2023
    Bristol
    Hi,
    I have already purchased a EU arrow exhaust, I read somewhere that you could drill the baffle plates out from the front end of the exhaust, would anyone know if that's correct?

Thanks in advance

10. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Rince, it is possible but it is not to be undertaken lightly, the Arrow street legal exhaust is not a lot different to the OEM one, don't forget it has a catalytic converter and if unsure about your skill and confidence to complete the task, then I would respectfully advise you may be better leaving it standard, if you really do want a little more deep sounding end can, them consider selling it on and buying a make with a removable baffle.