Street Triple 2020 600 Mile Service Questions.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by J S Chappell, Mar 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Hi all, it won't be too long before I will have covered 600 miles, how long does the first service take? ie could I wait for it to be completed and ride back home in a reasonable time frame

Secondly, being in uncertain times , if for reasons beyond my control ie dealer in isolation, how many miles over the 600 do you think Triumph would still honour the warranty? Possibly if the oil were changed by me as a stop gap? This may affect many members as they pick up their shiny new 2020 rides.

Many thanks for your thoughts, I will be using Triumph Norfolk as we are leaving the Dales for the time being, possibly for good. John.

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s a relatively simple service and doesn’t take that long :)
    You can easily wait around for it to be done but why don’t you ask for a road test on one of the demo bikes while you’re there :)
    I did this when I put my Speedmaster in and I was out on a Speed Twin :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Ring the dealer and make arrangements to have the service done whilst you wait simples.

If you give then enough notice it shouldn’t be a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Ring the dealer. Arrange to have the bike taken off you while you are in their carpark. Arrange prepayment by bank transfer. They will pass the bike back to you in the car park. All done with minimum/remote contact. The 600 mile service isn't a lot more than an oil change.

• Like Like x 1
  5. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Thank you all for responding to a mudane question.

• Like Like x 1