Scrambler Street Scrambler Bad Wire Routing And Damage, Check Your

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Walko, Apr 1, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    The new route seems to be from the switch into the bracket but then back out again. Also found the new plastic Vin cover update, after a full right lock and turning back then gets lifted by a harness and then clicks as it jumps back into place. Easy fix with a bit of Gloss black Gorilla tape to hold it down and let the harness ride over it. All good.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Walko

Walko Member

Nov 19, 2020
    World
    the heated grips, in new model, I confirm is routed in different way too (uglier)¡¡¡¡ previuosly, the heated grips cables was installed in same place that the actual damage cable, then you will damage the lh control cable and too the heated grips cable too. Triumph is yet mounting in different way in new bikes¡¡¡¡ that area is prohibited, and it´s ok, all bikes will suffer the issue (even you haven´t it now).

3. Walko

Walko Member

Nov 19, 2020
    World
    CORRECT route. 2021 model. Triumph know the issue with ALL 2019-2020 bikes, and this is the proof. A recall must be done moveing urgently that cable (under brake line damaging it) to this position. I hope it´s solved (I think it will have some pression, but at least with a plastic rounded, or metal rounded)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    After reading this thread I thought I would look at my 2018 Street Twin to compare. The cables are a centimetre lower than in the picture of the issue and the cables up to the switch are routed more like the 'corrected' version.
    20210605_212159.jpg

Seems more like a production error than design error.

5. Walko

Walko Member

Nov 19, 2020
    World
    Hi friend, the issue we are refering is only for Street Scrambler (not street twin since I think they haven´t the metal triangle where is damaging the cable), and we are refering to that area (not the lower area where is the wire recalll with a new vin protector, you have the old protector, maybe 2018 is different)

thanks

6. Walko

Walko Member

Nov 19, 2020
    World
    more users discovering the ISSUE and broken cable... Triumph... is time to a RECALL and solve this for ALL STREET SCRAMBLER VERSIONS. I solved myself after triumph replace the lh switch with cable (but in "same position" that it´s wrong). And caution if you have accesories with cables in same position THEY NEED TO BE RE-ROUTED¡¡¡¡¡ don´t let them there because you will cut all

7. Walko

Walko Member

Nov 19, 2020
    World
    More street scramblers with this wire damaged.

ANY RECALL FROM TRIUMPH FOR ALL 2017-2020 STREETS SCRAMBLERS... AND ALL suffering this.... Great triumph¡¡¡