Street Cup

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Chrilo, Aug 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chrilo

Chrilo New Member

Aug 10, 2018
    Chesterfield
    Having a problem with my new Street Cup,well not the bike itself, getting the back wheel of the ground for chain maintenance. There is no provision for fitting bobbins, unlike some other Triumph models. I went to my local dealer for advice and was told that Triumph do not make anything suitable for the Cup, and was advised to contact R&G Racing who yes do have suitable bobbins but will cost me a total of £125.23! (plus the cost of hook converters for my Oxford paddock stand.) It was suggested that I could have a centre stand fitted but
    A. There isn't one listed for the Cup and B.They cost (deep breath) £195.00. The irony is that had I bought, say, a Speed Triple a set of bobbins would have set me back about £15.00! How ironic that I can buy a a shed load of cosmetic bits, but nothing that helps with essential maintenance!
    Any ideas gentlemen?

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome
    :confused: Not a 100% sure but I think TEC do a rod with bobbins on the end that goes through the back axle and then you can use your paddock stand with hook converters :)
    Dunno if this system works with your bike though as I don’t know what clearance their is between axle and silencers :confused:

3. Chrilo

Chrilo New Member

Aug 10, 2018
    Chesterfield
    Yes I've just seen a post by jaguar306 mentioning this very product. Thanks for your reply.

• Like Like x 1