Street Cup Wiring Loom Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Adam Anderson, Jun 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    They are all the same. Ford are one of the better ones. Don't mention the French

2. Guy Ellis

Guy Ellis New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    London
    It's true that they issued a safety recall, but the recall specifically says it is only for the hazard lights wiring and electrical block connector. No mention of further issues.

Having the engine cut out when turning the handlebars is a seriously dangerous fault. Imagine joining a fast country road with limited visibility from a minor road t-junction. You need to get up to speed quickly once you're on the main road, but as you straighten the handlebars, your engine dies. Now someone's in the back of you and you're on your way to the hospital or worse. I can think of 10 junctions like that in the Surrey Hills alone.

Personally I'm not after a refund. I love the bike. And I'm sure all will be forgotten once I'm able to enjoy it again, but it's still pretty poor from Triumph, which I let them know about in one of the online after sales surveys they sent me.

Hopefully these issues can be rectified so others don't have to go through this circus.

3. Guy Ellis

Guy Ellis New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    London
    UPDATE: Bike is now fixed and back in good working order. Let's see if it lasts this time.

Apparently according to the shop, fixing the hazards cabling and electrical block connector also fixed the engine cut out problem. Interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    VERY INTERESTING Dr Watson :rolleyes: Sound like a bit of PR to me, but good to hear sorted. Enjoy again, doesn't take long to fall in love again does it?

5. Guy Ellis

Guy Ellis New Member

Aug 25, 2017
    London
    Certainly not! It just feels so good to be back on the bike!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken McCormick

Ken McCormick New Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Coatesville, PA USA
    I am currently dealing with this too, bought the bike in December, bike has 3400 miles on it. The bike was stalling in my driveway while turning the bars. If you look close the headlight support rubbs on the harness at full left and full right it stretches the he'll out of the wires. It took a whole month to fix this bike. I get it back and it looks just the same too tight and the bracket hits. I love this bike but I feel like there is some issue that hasn't been felt with. Has anyone got triumph to buy their bike back?