Featured Strange Sights For Strange Times--what Weirdness Have You Seen Lately?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Apr 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

BUG-A-SALT 2.0 Fly Gun - Direct From Patent Holder https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00STSZ77G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jYClFbDSF1F6J

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Perhaps a rattlesnake or a lizard or a rabbit. Just on the other side of the walking path that I was on is a "wash" as we call it in the desert--a creek bed that's dry 99% of the time unless we get a monsoon or big rain. So I guess he could catch something in there if it had been raining but most likely it would be an old tire or discarded sweatshirt. ;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #145 Sandi T, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    My walks have been unusually un-strange lately....until today. Rather than my typical hilly neighborhood route I went west on the river path. I saw plenty of strange sights today including a turtle in an aquarium perched on a block wall. I'm kind of thinking I should call that sighting in to a local wildlife rescue? He looked like he was asking for help. :worried::confused: IMG_9677.jpeg

IMG_9673.jpeg

I also saw these sights on today's walk. There seem to be more homeless and homeless camps lately.
    IMG_9665 2.jpeg
    IMG_9679.jpeg

Edit: I called Arizona Fish & Game this afternoon to report the turtle which, from photos I texted to Tucson Wildlife Rescue, was confirmed to be a desert tortoise, a protected species. Like I said, the turtle looked like he was asking for help. I'll walk by again tomorrow morning to see if anything has changed.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    A couple of days ago I saw more wildlife than usual, too. This first critter is a King Snake which reportedly (and thankfully) eat rattlesnakes. But I don't know that I'd count too much on this little guy--he looks a bit small to me to take on a rattler at this point.
    IMG_9460.jpeg

There's one spot on my usual walking route where a "wash" crosses the residential street(translation of wash - a dry stream bed that runs only and profusely when it rains). I've seen a javelin stroll out of the wash, cross the street, and make its way up the shaded hill on multiple occasions but haven't been able to snap a decent photo. On this day I scooted over and under the trees and was able to get a photo of not only the javelina I saw cross the street but also of his buddy who was already in the underbrush.
    IMG_9584.jpeg

IMG_9585.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  7. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Yum wild, free range, hormone free bacon

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Bring the lettuce and tomatoes and we’re set :joy::imp:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #150 Sandi T, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Yesterday on our morning walk with Annie, Mr. Sandi and I walked past the yard of a place where some new neighbors have moved in. Typically their little white dog comes charging out and barks like crazy at Annie who has learned to ignore the ruckus. But on this day there were new critters who came to the fence to say hello. I don't have photos of the chickens but there four chickens, three ducks, and a white turkey. Yes, @Duckadiledundee, ducks in the desert! And in the middle of a city, mind you.

Neither Mr. Sandi nor I have ever seen a white turkey. Have any of you?? He was pretty happy to check us out and fluff up his feathers for us. I don't know if Annie's eyesight has gotten really poor these days but she ignored the white turkey the same way she has learned to ignore Little White Barky Dog. :joy::joy::joy:

IMG_9700.jpeg

IMG_9705.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Stepped outside for a smoke last night and a hedgehog walked over my foot :eek:
    Dunno who got the biggest shock :eek:
    But I didn’t curl up in a ball :p

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The new neighbors who have the ducks, chickens, and turkeys I posted photos of recently also have a little white dog (Jack) who loves to lie in wait and then run out and bark madly at Mr. Sandi and Annie and me. Probably mostly Annie. :) A couple of days ago we saw Jack out with the two little girls of the family new to the 'hood. We stopped to chat and to ask them why Jack was riding in a wagon. They said they wanted to take him for a walk but they couldn't find his leash so they put him in the wagon and took him for a pull. :joy::joy::joy:

IMG_9787.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2