Featured Strange Sights For Strange Times--what Weirdness Have You Seen Lately?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Apr 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Whichever, if any ducks up there, they need to take flight immediately!
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Scary stuff Sandi. Hope they get it under control and it’s kept away from inhabited areas.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #83 Sandi T, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Thanks, Daniel. Yes, @Winglad, it is truly terrifying. We have some friends, one of whom is a riding buddy as well as Mr. Sandi's primary care physician, who may have to evacuate. It's stunning how quickly this fire got very, very bad. I feel not only for those humans who may have to evacuate but all the wildlife as well. I spoke with an employee at Tucson Harley-Davidson this afternoon and he told me that his girlfriend works at a nursing home that is being evacuated due to the fire. So they are dealing with that in the face of COVID-19.

We in Tucson lucked out last summer and were spared any bad fires. Not so this year--and it's only early June. :( . Thanks for thinking of us here in Tucson and for sharing the link, too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Great pictures Sandi and always nice to hear news from member's local area. Strangest thing that has happened here recently is - shock horror - some positive news on the media! Bloody hell. A cat has been rescued from a chimney pot! Wow.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I saw this unique example of socializing and social distancing while on my daily morning walk today. I couldn't see the person on the other side of the window but I could hear the gentleman in the photo talking. Or maybe he was just talking to the window. These are strange times.

IMG_8835.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The fire is still raging away, @BonnieCat, and it started two weeks ago on Friday. Many, many people have been evacuated including the people that live on our beloved Mt. Lemmon. From our house we can't really see flames anymore as the bulk of the fire is on the north side of the range. But the immense amounts of smoke over the mountain are so thick that it looks like the whole sky looks is filled with storm clouds. This video from a local news station a bit earlier today just makes me cry.

https://www.kold.com/2020/06/16/go-...dge-road-including-summerhaven-told-evacuate/

7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This was not a "weird" sight as the thread title says, but it was a beautiful one! This hawk was actually on the ground when I rounded a corner during my walk this morning. It flew up into a tree and I managed to pull out my iPhone to get a couple of photos. Then when it took off I got most--not quite all--of it in flight! :)

IMG_8857.jpeg

IMG_8859.jpeg

IMG_8860.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  8. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Great shots Sandi on the spur of the moment - mind you, you clipped it's wing - best way to stop them fleeing the roost.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Wow it looks like a volcano erupting. Do they know how it started @Sandi T.

10. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    :sweat:
    Looks like a volcano erupting, very sad for people and animals effected :sob:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yes, Nikki. It was started by a lightning strike. So at least not by some dumb shite who didn't put out a campfire which happens at least once or twice each summer. But when this fire was only 10 acres in size, a decision was made to let it burn away some grassy undergrowth which could--ironically--fuel a big fire. Well, the winds kicked up, the humidity dropped to less than 10% and here we are. The fire has now burned over 40,000 acres and is 40% contained. :(:sob:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    #92 BonnieCat, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Well that was a huge error of judgment Sandi

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yes, Nikki, that's for sure. I can see doing a controlled burn but NOT during the hottest and driest time of the year here. What a massive, expensive, sad mistake with far and long-reaching consequences. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I saw these donuts strewn along the walking path yesterday morning. Escapees from the local Dunkin' Donuts? Donuts out for a morning walk? A fight between two folks using donuts as ammo? I can't quite imagine the story behind this photo. It's funny all the things I'm seeing on my morning walks these days if I just stay alert. Though I didn't have to be very alert to spot these donuts lying there!

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 11.29.06 AM.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  15. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Must be where the local cops stop for a break :p

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #96 Sandi T, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Yep, pretty much every day that I go walking now I notice something unique, interesting, puzzling, or strange. I saw these two playing cards about 20 feet apart near a shopping complex recently. Impromptu midnight socially-distanced card game? Or were the King and the Queen just socially distancing themselves?

IMG_8535.jpeg

IMG_8539.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    We have two enclosed recumbent bikes in the area. But the bathing suit guy needs help. At least with his taste in bathing apparel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I saw this person yesterday at the beginning of my daily walk sitting on a low wall about 20 feet from our back gate. ??? A VERY strange and somewhat disturbing sight. But strange sights seem to becoming quite common lately.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 2.30.46 PM.png

IMG_8907.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Sandi, are you sure you didn‘t get moved to the Twilight-Zone by some disturbance in the space-time-continuum? :cold_sweat:

Or maybe you are in the Upside Down...

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Since his mom has to stay home these days, she probably got tired of his crap and finally decided to kick him out of her basement.:)

• Funny Funny x 3