Stolen!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pegscraper, Nov 15, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    I've had three cars stolen over the years and my garage was broken into once. All my tools were stolen. Two of the cars were recovered. One of the cars that was recovered I found myself (a nice little VW bug my wife drove). We were living in Pennsauken, NJ, which borders the shithole known as Camden, NJ. I rode around Camden and found it. Insurance was good on the garage job. I was able to replace my tools. I think what irked me most is the cheek of these pricks and the fact that I had no way to retaliate. :mad:

Hope you recover your bike or the insurance takes care of you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    If it is recovered I assume it will have some damage because they've already broken the steering lock, a fat lot of use that was. I had a bike stolen around 12 years ago and that was recovered with "only" a broken steering lock and minor cosmetic damage but the lock repair meant it required a new frame so it was written off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Sorry to hear about your bike. I've send the pic and details on to a couple of friends in the area who aren't TTF members. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I am sorry, that's awful. Hope it's recovered soon or if not that the insurance payout is generous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Good advice Ade but as we’ve seen many times in London the thieving bastids arrive on a stolen bike then grind away merrily whilst onlookers stand and video the hooded cunts. Shame there aren’t more people willing to employ the Ray Donovan approach, baseball bat from the car boot.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I think everyone is quite rightly worried about getting knifed and/or prosecuted for assault with the thieving scum being the victims.

The liberals rule the roost these days. It will be the end of our civilisation soon. Opps - I’m a drama queen - I need a Snickers bar.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I love my bikes and would be gutted if any of them went missing. I know how I felt when as a 17 year old my bike was nicked. Sick to my stomach, running around trying to remember where I had parked it and then the realisation it was gone. Roll the clock forward to today and I’m resigned to the fact that they might get stolen. I really feel for @Pegscraper .

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Pegscraper.
    Sorry to hear this. I do hope the creeps are found and charged.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Been there too,m tho many years ago. Know you are gutted and hope you get a good conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Result, hope it’s not too badly damaged and you can be riding again soon.
    Well done SYP too, nice to see a bit of good work paying off. Sounds like it was unattended so probably no collars felt.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Update!!.....the bike has been rcovered by SY Police Off Road Team from a "stash point", here's the post from their Facebook page. I don't do Facebook but my Nephew spotted it!.....

Bike1.JPEG Post1.png

I had a quick look at it at the recovery agents storage facility and damage appears to be minimal. It doesn't look like it's been started. The steering lock and ignition switch are fubared, as expected, plus the front mudguard is cracked, the rear carrier is missing and the compressor for the air horn is hanging loose but everything else is still on it. The seat was still locked so the wiring underneath it is intact. I took the key with me but can't start it due to the ign damage. I can't see any damage to the frame so a new lockset may be all that is required. Delivery to the selling dealer is arranged so hopefully it shouldn't be too long before it's back home.

• Like Like x 27
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    It's great to hear some really good news these days.

Hope it all works out well with repairs, etc.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Under the circumstances this is a good result. Recovered and not badly damaged. Good to hear. Now all that's left is the colonoscopy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Yeah, and tie some knots in the chain before they do it!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I’m truly sorry to learn of this theft of your beloved bike, @Pegscraper. I hope it’s found in decent shape and or your insurance takes good care of you and your bike. What a horrible thing. :mad::sob:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Have a look a couple of posts further up Sandi, the bike has been recovered with not too much damage. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #38 Sandi T, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    I'm so glad to learn that your bike has been found, Pegscraper, and there appears to be relatively minimal damage. Hopefully what damage there is will be covered by insurance. And I definitely hope they catch the thievin’ rats that stole it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Brilliant news that it's been recovered :party:.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Great news mate. Let us know the outcome with the insurance :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1