Starting Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Leonard Paton, Sep 27, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Leonard Paton

Leonard Paton New Member

Sep 17, 2021
    KY58QD
    My triumph tiger 955i fell over while running so turned off the ignition then we got it back up. Anyway when I tried the ignition there were no ignition lights on so I thought the battery was flat so I charged it up and when I tried to put the second battery connections on the bike started to turn over and the key was turned off and so was the kill switch off. But with the ignition on and I put the second battery connections on the bike starts but when I put the key to off the engine stops but the bikes still trying to start.

2. Leonard Paton

Leonard Paton New Member

Sep 17, 2021
    KY58QD

3. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    Good luck sorting that out. :) The complicated electrical systems today, are a right pain in the arse to deal with. I expect it has a falling over sensor somewhere, that needs re setting with a dealers computer. Probably only cost about £500 too. :)

4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    This question takes a bit of "getting yer ed" round it. Could it be you've got a stuck solanoid switch do you think ?

5. Julian Wallis

Julian Wallis THE CORNISH PIXIE

Jun 9, 2020
    Cornwall
    when it fell over did it damage any of the kill switches or ignition wires? worth a check.

6. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    You might want to remove your post code from your profile ! Give anyone who's up to no good your location and where your bike is to within a few streets..