Thruxton Standard Special

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by TonyG, Nov 26, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    It was on the sticker on the tank, doh before it was painted.:)
    From what I remember it said 4000 rpm until 500 mile first service, after that I cannot recall but I’m sure When you get the service completed they’ll let you know.
    Enjoy mate

2. Ashtons99

Ashtons99 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2018
    Doncaster
    I bought an R about 4 weeks ago, I’ve been out 3 times, first 2 outings I had a puncture both times and the 3rd it started raining half a mile from leaving home so about turn! That’s been my 2018 riding

3. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Wow don’t touch until 2019 so the bad luck stays with this year!!!.
    It’ll be the best bike you’ve ever owned next year :)

4. Ashtons99

Nov 11, 2018
    Doncaster
    Thanks Glyn
    The first puncture, rear tyre, was a piece of glass which had managed to penetrate the tyre through to the tube. Local bike shop fitted a new tube but didn’t put a “mushroom” in the tyre itself. I rode it the day after and tyre was flat after a few miles. I took it to a normal tyre fitting place who do bike tyres too. He found the tube had been pinched by the previous shop. He fitted me a new tube and also plugged the tyre. £15 so couldn’t grumble. I won’t be going back to the first place again!
    I’ve also put some puncture prevention sealant in both tyres now.
    As you say though, I’ve done til next year.

5. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I've just realised that I think this is the 1st bike I have ever bought where it hasn't pi**ed down the day I picked it up. Mind you it doesn't look hopeful for the imminent future. At the moment I'm constrained to looking at Thruxton videos or sitting with a cup of tea just looking at it in my garage.

6. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I've just realised that I think this is the 1st bike I have ever bought where it hasn't pi**ed down the day I picked it up. Mind you it doesn't look hopeful for the imminent future. At the moment I'm constrained to looking at Thruxton videos or sitting with a cup of tea just looking at it in my garage.

7. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks

8. Ashtons99

Nov 11, 2018
    Doncaster
    I’ve just spent my time tinkering, fitted some nice paddock stand bobbins, changed a few hanger bolts. Cleaned it to within an inch of its life. Oh I did the carb/throttle bodies with some fine scotchbrite to get the nice brushed finish back as they seem to discolour. I’ve also treated all the alloy with ACF50

9. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
  10. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Not yet but at the same time I don’t recall passing any police with it on.
    So I can’t say you wouldn’t be stopped with one, although it does look sooo much better than yellow.

I’ve just crossed my fingers and toes before my next ride out