765 Stalling Issues

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by 2018 Street Triple, Jul 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 2018 Street Triple

2018 Street Triple New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sacramento, CA
    Hey all,
    Yesterday I was riding home and bike stalled on me mid ride. There was no warning other than loss of power. I was on the throttle going 50 mph when this happened. I tried starting it but it just kept trying to turn over with no luck. Instrument panel stayed on and no check engine light came on only the oil light. I let it cool down for 5 -10 min with key off and then it fired up. No more oil light (checked oil and it was full) then I rode for 10 miles and same thing happened again. This occurred about 4 times until I i got home with same solution of it cooling down before starting up again. It was 100 degrees and I was riding for about an hour. On the last incident, even when i turned bike on it felt like it was stuttering while idling. I can hear the fans coming on each time bike stalled. I looked at triumph recall page and nothing came up for my vin num. I read that some street triples had some electric and regulator issues which is why i checked for recall. Anyone experience this issue? Only thing I have done to the bike is exhaust and a dyno tune with a pcv but that over 5 months ago. All services have been done on schedule.

2. 2018 Street Triple

Jul 12, 2019
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you for your input Ron.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2018 Street Triple

Jul 12, 2019
    Sacramento, CA
    I just got the bike back and they could not duplicate the issue. Their conclusion was possibly vapor lock based on the symptoms. They asked me more questions like do I fill up fuel tank all the way up past the neck to the top or below the neck. I recall filling up all the way to the very top. Also, that day my bike was sitting in 104 degree weather all day before I rode home and about 30 min of riding in that hot weather is when the stalling occured. I rode today for almost 70 miles non stop (cooler weather and I filled up below the neck) with no issues so i hope this was the case and no other issues arise. I appreciate all of your responses.