Sprint St 1050 - Front Master Cylinder Rebuikd Kit

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Hubaxe, May 14, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Hi all,
    I create another thread to keep topic search clear.
    My front brake is a bit spongy, even after brake bleed. I suspect the master cylinder needs a rebuild. Not that surprising on a 15 years old bike.
    Trying to search the kit on the web, I can't find a clear match between the bike and proposed kits (often labelled "unbranded").
    I try to find genuine NISSIN part. The best match I could find is 14mm rebuild kit Reference MCBK14.
    Can someone confirm ? That would help a lot.

2. trudd

trudd Member

Oct 13, 2014
    There are two different sizes of master cylinder fitted to the Sprint. 5/8" or 14mm. The master cylinder has some markings which will state which one you have.

These guys sell both: https://www.triumphparts.co.uk/prod...s/sprint-st-1050-gt/brakes-sprint-st-1050-gt/

But if you want genuine 5/8": https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/part...vin-208167-/front-brake-master-cylinder-hoses

Some of the bikes were known to have sticky pistons in the calipers. When I got my Sprint I had to pump the brakes to use them. I solved this with the Teflon coated pistons from a Daytona. It's fairly well documented if you search

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    As I was thinking about the U link between right/left calipers could be an issue to properly bleed the brake, I went on and redo the process. It's now ok. Looks like I saved a MC rebuild. :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany
    #4 dreitopf, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    I got all seals and pistons for my brakes from brake-masters.com in UK.Good Service!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1