Featured Sprucing Up The Daytona 1200, What It Cost So Far.

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by XCaTel, Jun 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    #21 XCaTel, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Sorry, this thread stopped flagging posts to me for some reason. 5W40 full synth - any good Motorcycle brand. That is directly from the Triumph Service Manual. Do you have a copy, I can e-mail it to you if you would like?

Service Manual Front.jpg

Daytona Oil.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Daytona1200Express

Daytona1200Express Active Member

Feb 7, 2021
    NH, USA
    Thank you!

Yes, I own the service manual, but could not find a synthetic 5W30 for the life of me! I went with 10W30 MOTUL pure synthetic (7100), and all seems to be humming along marvelously.

My confusion stemmed from the owner's handbook and shop manual having two different oil weights listed for the Daytona 1200.

• Like Like x 1
  3. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    I have had the LSL Superbike Bar Kit fitted for some time now and it is a god send to get rid of the clip-ons (at my age). The fairing mounted mirrors could no longer be adjusted for a decent field of view though so today I fitted Keni Moto bar end mirrors which have proved to be excellent. They suit the bike and offer a full field of view. €37 incl VAT & Postage from Ali Express.

IMG_3362rot.jpg

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

• Like Like x 2