Sprint Sprint St1050 Seat And Fairing Crack

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Motorhead56, Mar 5, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Motorhead56

Motorhead56 New Member

Mar 5, 2021
    Norfolk
    Hey all, cant find much on the internet so I’m asking everyone for the advice and experience on the matter.

My 2005 Sprint st1050 has a crack on the rear fairing under the seat near the tank. How can i fix this and/or modify the seat to stop it happening again?

2. Triumphal385

Triumphal385 Active Member

Mar 23, 2020
    South East
    Hi Motorhead56,

Mine has same (2005). My intention, in due course, is to enlarge the cut-out near the tank, where the feet of the seat meet the rear fairing, then put all of my fairing panels into a body shop, for refurbish and perhaps a change of colour. I rather like the rare, British Racing Green. My plan is to keep and use my machine long term, and if I get a more modern machine, to bring & keep the Sprint to its best, still with the occasional blat or two.

I suspect, the plastic tank is the culprit, along with the bike being dropped. I got it a year ago and have added R & G crash protectors, with a host of other bits.

Mine has only done 23k miles, and goes like a bullet. They are superb machines, generally undervalued.