Sprint Sprint Rs Swingarm

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by itchyfeet, Apr 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. itchyfeet

itchyfeet New Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Stonehenge Wiltshire
    Hi all,
    apologies if this has been asked before but were Triumph in the habit of fitting some Sprint RS models with a single sided swingarm? 2005 is the model year I'm looking at, it has a single sided swingarm. The bloke who is selling says it was a Triumph option? To be fair he bought it himself as the third owner. If this is a mod someone has done, is there any issues I should check?

thank you.

2. youngy

youngy Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Peterborough
    IIRC single sided swingarms were fitted to the RS after the factory fire. Double sided were all allocated to the Daytona 600/650.

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    You can find then with both, first gen, anyway.

4. itchyfeet

itchyfeet New Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Stonehenge Wiltshire
    Thank you guys for the reply.
    No need to worry then. I’m now the proud owner of a Sprint Rs

• Like Like x 1
  5. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    If single sided it needs far more maintainance than the twin. Lube the hub and almost certainly some of the bushes in the linkage will have failed. They just don't seem to get serviced and should be done every 2 years.

6. itchyfeet

itchyfeet New Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Stonehenge Wiltshire
    Thanks for the advice, i intend on stripping the rear hub asap as there is a clunk when initially taking up drive. Not sure whether to order a full bearing set first or take it apart and see whats needed.

7. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Strip and replace as required. Very important that ONLY use full compliment bearings. If unsure get OE. There are some kits on the market and they use cheap caged type bearings. These have only 1/2 the load capacity and are not fit for purpose so be very very aware what you buy ( I think the # is HN2020 for the bearing, caged are HK2020. So easily confused).