Sprint 955i Rs Saddle Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by MartyWilson, Aug 9, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Does anyone have a spare saddle for a 2002 Sprint 955i RS? It's a second generation bike but I am guessing the 1st gen seat will also do.
    I don't care about condition of the cover or base as long as the foam is useable. I am looking to put a Sprint RS I originally bought for spares back on the road but for some strange reason the previous owner undid the cover, chopped off the pillion section of the seat and replace it with a rough big hunk of foam and made it look bleeding ridiculous. The cover is perfectly serviceable if I can only get a decent intact foam inner to rework it.

2. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    I've got a Sprint 955 seat in the garage. The cover is worn through at the front but I think it will fit a RS.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Sounds interesting, how much would you be looking for for it, including shipping to Argyll, Scotland? As it's really the foam that I am interested in to re-finish my own seat base it should be close enough to fit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    I'll check out shipping and get back to you. Don't want much say £20?

• Like Like x 1
  5. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

That's a price (plus P+P of course) I like the sound of @Fourbears

I would love to know why the previous owner of the bike, a member of the Triumph Owners MCC (badge attached to sprocket cover), chopped the damned pillion section out and replaced it with a rough hewn chunk of a sofa cushion or something! It looked bleedin' awful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Looks like Parcelforce will deliver it for £8.70 on their 48 hour service, others are less from £4.50 so your choice! Who knows why people chop stuff up?!

7. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Hi @Fourbears Parcelforce 48 is fine with me. Are you sure that's the right price as Paypal are usually more expensive than that. Paypal OK to send you the cash? If so could you PM me your paypal email address?