Sport Vs Sport Touring Tires

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by SteveRS, Apr 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chester Monty

Chester Monty Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2016
    Chester
    I have just put Road 5's on my RS for a trip to France for the MotoGP.
    £240 (ride in ride out).

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    My brother came by yesterday with a new conti sport attack fitted to his GSX S1000, same size tire as mine by the way. When looking at the tire compared to my bike wth the supercorsa’s my tire looked like a lower profile. We then took measurements which showed that his tire was over a half an inch higher profile. Interesting, as you would think the supercorsa’s would have a higher profile.

3. Tony Rokins

Tony Rokins Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Reading, U.K.
    Chester, may ask where from?
    T

4. Chester Monty

Chester Monty Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2016
    Chester
    #64 Chester Monty, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    A local tyre place, Michelin have discounted them at the moment.

5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Well I've just popped my back wheel out tonight after a trip round Scotland as the tyres done it's day. 3500miles out of a Pilot Power rear, no complaints from me and a new one in the garage waiting to go on tomorrow.
    £145 a pair delivered.

20190606_171348.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Well I've just popped my back wheel out tonight after a trip round Scotland as the tyres done it's day. 3500miles out of a Pilot Power rear, no complaints from me and a new one in the garage waiting to go on tomorrow.
    £145 a pair delivered.

• Like Like x 1
  7. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I usually go for a tyre that’s not a current model from one of the main brands, one that’s been superceded by a newer model perhaps.
    I’ve currently got Dunlop Qualifiers on the Triumph which were one of the top sports tyres a few years ago. They’re great and certainly up to the workout I can give them these days, plus they were £125 a pair online.
    Just put a pair of the mark 2 Qualifiers on my Beemer too, another bargain at £145 delivered.
    All good tyres with multi compounds so they should last ok, just not the latest offerings that go for 2+ times the price. :grinning:

• Like Like x 3
  8. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    I used the Pilot Power 2CTs on my bikes for years and found them great for everything including track days - excellent value too !

• Agree Agree x 2