Tiger 1050 Sport Sat Nav Opinions

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Rob Fearn, Sep 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rob Fearn

Rob Fearn New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Thrybergh
    Evening All,

I would like to know members views on which sat nav i should choose or what you guys have fitted pro,s and cons etc, whats considered the best on market and where to buy, appreciate all comments

2. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I use my iphone with copilot software but could easily use Apple/google maps. I genuinely have no idea why people buy a second device to do what they already have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rob Fearn

Rob Fearn New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Thrybergh
    yeah i know what you mean im a bit old fashioned to me a phone is a phone, i did attach phone to old bike and one it fell off, lol, two found it too hard to read/see, so i will go down satnav route, could always use in the car aswell, but thks for your reply

4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#4 Cyborgbot, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2019
    Good luck.

Tbh the screen size of my phone is the same as a motorcycle TomTom ride and the mount I use is as secure as the Tom Tom one. Been using iPhone/Copilot SW for years and no problems.

My Father was the same, wanting separates - he wanted a camera and insisted on getting a separate one rather than just getting a decent phone. He regretted it in the end. My argument being as Lord Snowdon (I think) said when asked what his best camera was, and he replied ‘the one I have with me’. You have your phone with you nearly all the time and therefore have a camera, gps, access to knowledge, email/text/social media and a phone. There was once a theory that a jack of all trades wasn’t a master of any. Not sure that’s true now - my iPhone takes better pictures than my Canon D50 and the GPS software is awesome with traffic/speed camera and all sorts of cool features.
    It also links to the Bluetooth device in my lid to I can talk/listen to people/music (podcasts / radio/ iTunes).

It’s awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rob Fearn

Rob Fearn New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Thrybergh
    Thanks for the advice appreciate it