Speedmaster Speedmaster Turn Signal Problem

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Robpick, Jan 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Robpick

Robpick New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    South Africa
    Hi there. I have a 2007 Speedmaster, the front right turn signal is not working and hyper flashing on right rear. The left side is working correct. I have checked the fuses and the RF globe all in order. I have swapped out the complete front unit with the left hand side and still not working front right. The front right unit I swapped to the left side is working when fitted on left side. Any suggestion as to where the fault lies is appreciated.

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Fuses and bulbs can look fit for purpose but arnt, or a broken wire / bad connector.

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Gotta be broken connection in the wiring somewhere to front right indicator :confused:

4. Robpick

Robpick New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    South Africa
    Hi, Thanks, I'm kinda thinking so as well. Any idea where I can download a wiring diagram? Cheers R

5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Do you have a multimeter ?

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    check for corrosion around and inside the bulb holder

7. Robpick

Robpick New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    South Africa
    Yes I have one

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Because you swapped the units over from left to right and still had the same problem this to me points to a wiring/connection problem :( in the wiring up to the indicator unit :confused:
    Try to find the ends of the indicator wiring and test the wiring for continuity using the multi meter :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Robpick

Robpick New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    South Africa
    I
    Morning, I checked the continuity between flasher relay and bulb housing and all good, also earth wire to chassis and good. I note voltage fluctuating between 2 and 6v at bulb housing. Suspecting possible the flasher unit needs replacing?

10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Almost certainly a bad earth - had this with the after market indicators on the Bonneville.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Still sounds like a connection problem somewhere to me mate :confused:

12. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Agree with dilli, the flasher unit is obviously ok as it is working with the other side, wiring problem to the front right unit, or bad connection at the unit itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Robpick

Robpick New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    South Africa
    Success yeah.... I opened the starter switch housing and there is a connector from the indicator unit inside. Found no continuity on one of the wires, opened heat shrink and found a pinched and broken wire. Problem solved. Thank you all very much for your input, I would otherwise be overwhelmed by electrical issues and resorted to a probable expensive auto electrician bill. Stoked, now I don't have any roadworthy issues when registering bike. Regards...

• Like Like x 3
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Good stuff mate :cool:
    Glad you’re sorted :)

• Like Like x 1