Featured Speedmaster Speedmaster 2018

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Beerman, Mar 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Drummer

Drummer Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Leeds
    Nice looking bike, can you advise which screen is shown here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jimhoy

jimhoy New Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Southern Ohio

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jimhoy

jimhoy New Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Southern Ohio
    Sorry. I think it's the Marlin by Dart

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Charles Virone

Charles Virone New Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada
    Theres one company that I found that makes a model specifically for the speedmaster/ bobber and style wise its perfectly to scale (they also make for many other companies as well). They're called LaRosa design out of the US. in enclosing a link for one in black canvas and brass clasp. But its available in many different finishes. https://larosadesign.us/left-side-black-canvas-solo-saddle-bag-for-2016-up-triumph-bobber/

SLHDTRL02_01__65327.1522013135.1280.1280.jpg

SLTRL03_01__00198.1522029211.1280.1280.jpg

SLTRLC03_01__80815.1522716540.1280.1280.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Der Baron

Der Baron Senior Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Northern Ireland
    Hi Jim, love the look of the little fly screen, is that a Triumph one?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jimhoy

jimhoy New Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Southern Ohio
    No, it's a Dart Marlin light tint.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Der Baron

Der Baron Senior Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Northern Ireland
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rukaiko

Rukaiko Member

Mar 14, 2019
    ITALIA
    Hi everyone, this is Shanti. Taken 10 days ago and shot for a thousand km. I get off a comfortable America and I'm in love with the new SM. The only discordant note is the passenger's comfort seat. Hard as a table, advice?

IMG_5274.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rukaiko

Rukaiko Member

Mar 14, 2019
    ITALIA
    By the way, I solved the problem of the pegs in this way... :laughing:

IMG_20190304_153801.jpg

IMG_20190304_153832.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Der Baron

Der Baron Senior Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Northern Ireland
    I will be doing this, That extra inch should make all the difference, or so the wife tells me!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Der Baron

Der Baron Senior Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Northern Ireland
    I will be doing this, That extra inch should make all the difference, or so the wife tells me!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Hmm, that's got me wondering if there is more lean to be had, need to take some accurate photos to check what would bottom out next (though my boots are often first to ground at the moment - perhaps I shouldn't wear high heels to ride ;)).

Can't help but think though that Triumph have done their maths properly and got the 'bank angle indicators' at the right length for safety, taking into account suspension compression as well. I imagine that if exhaust or frame grounded in a corner then it would lift weight off the wheels and they'd let go. :worried:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Rukaiko

Rukaiko Member

Mar 14, 2019
    ITALIA
    Apart from that they can be mounted shorter, they are 2.5 cm long, too much to deal with the countless roundabouts that are in my area. It doesn't feel good to hear them scratch on the floor. In the booklet he says that their replacement is expected when they reach 0.5 cm. We are crazy, should I have them scratched up to consume them with fear every time they touch? I just don't go away. And I assure you that there is air left before you even think of touching the frame or exhausts ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    BeerMan.
    Cracking Machine. Enjoy it and great pictures. Peeps will love that colour.
    Ride Safe and Enjoy
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    The owners manual covers both the Bobber and Speedmaster and the picture illustrating the footpegs looks like the Bobber foot controls to me, which has much shorter bank angle indicators to start with. So I wonder if the same limit applies to the Speedmaster? Can't imagine they'd put 25mm bits in to start with if 6mm is OK.

The owners manual isn't necessarily complete and correct, e.g. the tyre pressure for the front is wrong, it says 2.8 bar (33 psi), but should say 2.3 bar (33 psi). I contacted Triumph and they said they already know and have corrected it, but when I checked the online PDF they distribute it still had the wrong values in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rukaiko

Rukaiko Member

Mar 14, 2019
    ITALIA
    When I saw this video and read this I decided to do it, then to have the roads like yours :relieved:

17. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    I checked with Triumph support about the handbook and they replied:

The handbook specifics are in relation to the Bobber bank angle indicators. The speedmaster ones I would recommend to be replaced once the ball on the end has been worn away.​

I'm not trying to say it's wrong for you to remove the bank angle indicators, I'm sure there's lot's of extra leeway, and it's your bike. I'm just replying so you know that one piece of information you were using to make your decision (the 5mm wear level mentioned in the handbook) is incorrect.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Traveller

Traveller Active Member

Mar 16, 2020
    New Jersey
    Has anyone tried fitting a swing arm bag that is made to fit a HD Sportster? If I order a standard sportster swing arm bag do you think it will fit a 2018 Speedmaster? It seems they are about the same size bag and there is a huge selection for the HDs.

• Useful Useful x 1