Featured Speedmaster Speedmaster 2018

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Beerman, Mar 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    very smart same colour as mine the best :cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I'm jealous, still waiting for mine.......... not long now.
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad:Grrrrrr:mad: AGAIN :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sorry Dilligaf.............
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Beerman

Beerman Guest

At least it doesn't have a top box. Yet.

Beerman

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well I got mine on the 16th April (Monday this week) and can honestly say that it is awesome. Managed to get 276 miles on the clock with two rides. First tank full took me 131 miles before the fuel light appeared, miles to next fill guage was showing 43. Looks like the range is a comfortable 150 between fills. As with many of the ride reviews I did find the pegs scrapping on tight corners and some roundabouts, but didn't cause any problems once I got used to it.

This is outside the Cat and Fiddle pub, sadley now closed. A result of the 50 mph average speed cameras I guess.
    20180418_093153939_iOS#2.jpg
    And here is the bike at the Ponderosa at the top of the Horseshoe Pass in Wales.
    20180418_122107897_iOS.jpg
    Manged to get around Derbyshire, Cheshire and North Wales today. Cannot wait for my next ride...
    Wessa

• Like Like x 5
  7. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Thats Stunning Beerman, Looks a reet Beauty :cool::cool:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Your fuel mileage will improve dramatically once you have run in and the motor has loosened up ! My )09 America only did 170 klms on first ride and fuel up , now regularly does 320/340 before fuel light comes on, but you'd expect that at 107,000 klms done. Oh yeah bike has 19 ltr tank, don't know what yours holds 16 ?

Cheers capt.

Enjoy it whatever your fuel mileage !!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Thanks Capt.... Yep I would expect to see some improvement as the miles increase. The tank holds 12L on the speedmaster.
    Wessa

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi Wessa, looking like your getting 16 or 17 klms ltr , my America was around 13 to 15 klms ltr new ! Now getting 20+ klms ltr, if yours gets around that once loosened/run in you are looking @ just under 200 Mile's to a tank.

Cheers capt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Congratulations! I agree, it's a fabulous ride. My last bike was a Guzzi with shaft drive so I'm having to get to grips with chain maintenance, and the access is a bit fiddly, but doable.

The 'toolkit' is pretty funny - an Allen key which according to the operating manual has 'many uses around the bike' - I don't think I've found one yet!

Beerman

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Charles Virone

Charles Virone New Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada

I purchased a Speedmaster in October. Not really sure about the whole scraping peg comments as I took her out for quite a few hundred kilometres before winter started. What an amazing ride. Would not complain at all

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Charles Virone

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada

I purchased a Speedmaster in October. Not really sure about the whole scraping peg comments as I took her out for quite a few hundred kilometres before winter started. What an amazing ride. Would not complain at all

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Nor me - I haven't had a problem with it. 2,000 miles in, very happy.

Beerman

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. jimhoy

jimhoy New Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Southern Ohio
    Got mine March 2018 and I added a couple items since. Dart piranha fly screen, Union Jack tank pads, Union Jack throttle body covers, Motone point and clutch cover badges, R-G racing bobbins and I painted and polished the ugly rear brake fluid cover. I'd post a pic but it keeps telling me the file is too big to upload.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Charles Virone

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi, not sure where the whole scraping pegs thing became an issue, as I've had mine since early October last year. I've taken her through city streets as well as up and down mountainous passes. I haven't been speed bike aggressive (i also ride a Ducati racer) but I've given her quite some twists and turns. At no time did I experience any real issues with peg scraping.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Charles Virone

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada
    Would love to see a pic. Perhaps try reducing the size of the image ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Charles Virone

Dec 4, 2017
    Montreal, Canada
    Yeah i agree... would love to put a small leather tool kit on the swing arm. just looking for the right type of kit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jimhoy

jimhoy New Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Southern Ohio
    Here she is in all her glory. I think I'll get the Mid controls next for comfort and to eliminate that clunky looking bar that is there just for mounting the forward controls. I have scraped the pegs a few times and I think the mids sit higher.That big bar protects the front pipes. 20190312_174110.jpg

• Like Like x 5