Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Speed Twin

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Repooh, Oct 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Interesting thought.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Sticking with Ting Tong but she'll be getting a new TEC camshaft soon

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Does anyone know if the Speed twin is physically bigger than the Thruxton? i love the look of the Thruxton but when i sat on one it seemed way to small for me and the tank seemed tiny?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Don't know Dougie but it looks remarkably similar to the Thruxton chassis. The bars being higher might make it feel roomier?
    Looks aside, I'm betting its going to be a very very fun machine on the road :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Kinjane

Kinjane Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    Less reach to the bars because of the shorter (than the thruxton) petrol tank, that's got to be a bonus for some!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Wassers

Wassers Member

May 27, 2016
    Berkshire
    I love my Thruxton R (2.5 years old now), but I'd be interested to see how this rides in comparison. With higher bars (I must be getting old) it could be a little more comfortable and may also help when commuting by sitting up higher and seeing further ahead. Looking forward to the demo being available. Immediately liked the grey and silver version... but now leaning more towards the red.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    #27 Gazwhitespeed, Dec 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    yes red for me if i buy one,price i think is going to be £10800.It only holds 3gallons +1ltr but apparently does high 50's mpg and is only 807mm seat height,at last i might be able to touch the floor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 17, 2014
    Grampian.
  9. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    If anyone's thinking of buying, consider this. Will there be an R version soon after when the initial sales slow down? I've seen Triumph do this before with tigers and bobbers and I think they're wankers for it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    yes thanks for that andyc1,i would be pissed if all the things i was thinking of putting on it to make it trick,then suddenly appeared on another version a few months after i bought that for a fraction of the cost if you bought them all separate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. darkman

darkman First Class Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    I quite like the look of the Speed Twin as it looks very similar to my 60's Triumphs and i wouldn't be bothered about an R version, this might be the bike to tempt me off the Speed Triple R :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1