Speed Twin Two Weeks Old And Needs A New Cluster Unit

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Jason a, May 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jason a

Jason a New Member

May 16, 2021
    London
    After two weeks of on off indicator problems and two dealers looking it’s now been decided that a new cluster unit is needed as they have tried everything else apparently and it’s still having and issue with no indicators or hazard lights, should I reject this bike outright as I’m still in the 30 day window or has anyone seen this happen before as I am starting to doubt the quality of the bike now and my experience with the dealer network has not been great I have had to do all the running around and they seem to have the attitude you just have to deal with these things and they take time, I don’t think it’s acceptable to buy a brand new bike and after 150 miles not be able to use it and just have it sat in a dealers workshop, any suggestions welcome

• Like Like x 1
  2. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    Reject it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jason a

Jason a New Member

May 16, 2021
    London
    Agreed I have tried to do that today but they are not accepting that and saying it’s not possible to reject a new bike unless triumph agree to it not sure if that’s correct

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Not sure of the the law. Try citizens advice?

I’d not be happy to keep something that has already gone wrong with a problem they can’t resolve.

The dealership should be bending over backwards to keep your experience sweet.

Really sorry you aren’t enjoying ur new bike.

I am sure there are rules about returning stuff if not fit for purpose etc. I fully understand why the dealership will try to fob you off. Is there a head office you can speak to? Talk to Triumph too. Get cross.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jason a

Jason a New Member

May 16, 2021
    London
    It’s always interesting they say no problem to reject and so does my legal council , however in reality seems to be much harder I love the bike model and the ride is amazing just need one that works , the dealer is defending there position I have written to Triumph and hope they see some sense in the issues and change the bike so I don’t end up having to take a loss and change as I have lost confidence in this particular bike no one wants to ride something they don’t trust to work when needed

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattblack000

Mattblack000 New Member

May 22, 2021
    U.k.
    Without a doubt - reject it - dealer will try to cajole you not to but stick to your guns. It’s their problem - not yours. Once had a new Beemer GS which was a total lemon and regretted not demanding a swap - several batteries and bolts dropping off over a year changed to a different bike. It happens.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Jason A
    Welcome to the family. Sorry we meet under this cloud. But your right to reject the bike or ask for a replacement as the item is unfit for purpose and does not comply with road safety regs and mot inspections. Trading Standards will support you here as you are being messed around by both the dealer and Triumph. Hope you do stay with the forum here as this is a great place and inmates who care.
    Joe.

8. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

9. Red26

Red26 Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Australia
    Take it back, sounds like they are just running down the clock so you cant take it back, dont muckabout just take it back. Any dealer that starts this sort of crap should not be relied on and besides the bike is not roadworthy and cannot be ridden until the problem is fixed.
    ack

10. SteveXFR

SteveXFR Member

Apr 24, 2022
    Somerset
    A fault can occur on any product no matter how careful manufactured it is and it sounds like you just got unlucky. It does seem like the dealers fault finding skills are the problem. Personally I'd let them replace the cluster and if that doesn't fix it then I'd want them to take it back.