Speed Twin Stock Exhaust

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Flaminia3C, Jan 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Flaminia3C

Flaminia3C New Member

Jan 19, 2021
    Belgium
    Hye Everybody, i am new ..the speed twin will be home within 4 weeks. I am looking for upgrade. Decat pipe but i am looking at easily gaining weight. the stock exhaust are just perfect in style for me..my opinion :) is there someone who has already dismantle or opening them? For decat what's the best in your opinion : is there a real dyno test with some of them? tks a lot for your advice. Br Philip

2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Try a decat first, an x-pipe is reversible! I just got one from black widow exhausts and am very happy with it. Had a TEC one in the past and can't complain about it either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Flaminia3C

Flaminia3C New Member

Jan 19, 2021
    Belgium
    tks

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hobbo

Hobbo Member

Feb 22, 2019
    UK
    Ive got a Tec X pipe with the standard cans and it sounds superb

A bit off a fiddle to fit, but been on for over 12 months now with no issues whatsoever

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flaminia3C

Flaminia3C New Member

Jan 19, 2021
    Belgium
    Tks a lot for your experience feedback :) i find the stock exhaust baffle so nice i want to keep them but try to make them lighter

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hogfest50

Hogfest50 New Member

Jul 17, 2022
    Cornwall
    Hi I have just bought the new mk2 2022 speed twin ,like you the exhaust looks lovely but quiet for me .
    I had to look at changing it so after buying the bike I quickly purchased the Verex 2 into 2 full system with shorty mufflers this does away with the cat completely no x pipe either from Tasmania I haven't fitted this yet as I've only just removed the cat a pig of a job but anyone who want advice please just ask !

20221031_143615[1].jpg