Speed Twin - Squealing Front Brakes.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Wessa, Jul 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. String

String Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sunderland
    Maybe if you’re doing a lot of commuting, the Speed Twin isn’t the bike for you anyway ;)

2. Nitin das

Nitin das New Member

Jun 28, 2020
    Cleveland, usa
    Oh haha... I've been riding bikes for a decade or so now. So, I know what works for me and on paper, the speedtwin looks perfect... Except for the part where people are starting to call it squealtwin
    Any clue about the status of the break issue that I asked though?

3. String

String Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sunderland
    No sorry, nothing to add that hasn’t already been said on this thread already.

4. Yenso

Yenso New Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Norway
    After 2 stock pads and disc replacement on guarantee, paid up for same pads as linked in youtube video, with stock disc. Only 500 km relaxed riding for me yet, but so far feels different and no squealing yet. Will get back after 1000 more km and some harder braking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mattdub

mattdub New Member

Aug 15, 2020
    Boston
    Yep, started around 500 miles

6. Yenso

Yenso New Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Norway
    3000km/2000 miles now, with same pads as in youtubevideo. Done some harder braking but on purpose not engaged the abs. So far still minimal squeel and "normal", compared to with stock pads, and, but "threathening to play up". Will not say fore sure the problem is solved yet. More and more often need to brake hard to burn them clean. Thats how it started before, and eventually nothing worked to remove squeal.

7. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Haven't really had much of a problem with squeal although it is there. I simply spray some disc break cleaner after each ride and tissue the discs down, takes about a minute. Squeal is gone for another ten miles or so. As regards being a commuting bike it depends on your commute. Mine is just simple 2 miles to college each way through town and no problems although fuel consumption isn't brilliant but not bad for a 1200.

• Like Like x 1