Speed Twin - Panniers

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tldik, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Tldik

Tldik New Member

Jun 7, 2023
    UK
    Hi All
    Just Joined up in advance of collecting my 2020 model ST later in the month.
    My specific question here is about whether anyone here has experience of using a pair of official Triumph Nylon Pannier Bags on an ST. If so, which pannier rails did you use?
    I have been gifted a set along with what seem to be a pair of rails off a Bonneville and I don't think that those will hold the panniers high enough to clear the upswept ST exhaust, plus I doubt whether the leather "ears" would fit under the seat.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

I am aware that there are a number of other pannier sets with different ways to mount, but as the Triumph set are Official and Free then I really would like to use them if possible.

Thanks all

2. JonS-Triumph

JonS-Triumph Member
    Subscriber

Nov 3, 2023
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Hmmm.... I just bought a 2023 Speed Twin 1200 a couple months ago and there are some posts on this site about Legend panniers for the Thruxton and Speed Twin 1200 . Aparently the Ohlins on the Thruxton and the bags don't work well together. I have been on the fence about switching the the Ohlins --- I have seen some information that doing this mod on a Speed Twin 1200 is not too bad. I would hate to spend all that money for the panniers only to have to get something later if I change the rear shocks.

But...... For now, I need some panniers (since I don't like tank bags) and I have searched around a bit. Triumph has nothing. All the others don't look very good. I am interested in hearing what people say about these bags (or other suggestions) on the Speed Twin 1200.