Speed Twin Intermittent Squeak

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tosgha, Apr 3, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Booked an appointment at the local Triumph dealer for the squeaking that occurs when I am about to stop and pull the clutch in. For ages thought it was the brakes but then realised that it only happens when I pull in the clutch (as I apply the brakes). Technically the bike went out of warrenty 3 days ago bt I did report the problem before in about August of last year so I should be covered. Want everything to be perfect for when I tour the country in July.

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    If my experience of the speed twin is anything to go by it will be the brakes. Triumph will not be interested if it is the brakes, which is the reason I got rid of my speed twin. Shame really as the bike was a brilliant ride.

3. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    Aye brakes by Brembo, Soundtrack by 70”s Raleigh.
    But whoever bought a bike how it stops?

4. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    I hear what you are both saying and yes my brakes do make a noise when I ride 2 up sometimes but otherwise very very rarely. But I get a squeak even when the bike is standing still and I pull in the clutch (when warmed up) so definitely the clutch. I guess Triumph didn't want to send the bike out without something wrong with it :). I seem to recollect its been doing this since I got it but put it down to the brakes as so many others have had brake issues.