Speed Twin Grabrail Conversion Update

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tosgha, Sep 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Finally! Had the last fitting today to check that everything fits perfectly before the front brackets get the full TIG weld done. Some photos here to explain what was needed to fit a Triumph street twin grabrail to the Speed Twin in a way that the original setup of the bike was not altered in any way.
    My design brief was that 1: the indicators were to be exactly where they always were and no contact with the rail and 2: No trimming of the seat in any way to get it to clear the rail that had to be raised by quite a bit.
    DSCF0387.JPG DSCF0388.JPG Don't know how many pics I can download at a time so I will end this post here with the images showing what had to be relieved to get the clearance. In the first image you can just see the aluminium angled shims that tilted the rail 3 degrees downwards towards the front but lifted it about 5-8mm at the back. Once welded I will repray the whole thing.

DSCF0389.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Finally fitted the Triumph Street Twin grab rail to the Speed Twin. Can now mount the Kriega seat pack which will carry the Almax chain when I need it.

DSCF0594.JPG

DSCF0595.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  3. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Like Like x 1
  4. B with Speed

B with Speed Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2020
    Denver Colorado
    Nice! Looks like Triumph made that rail

• Like Like x 1
  5. Highwayman Nico

Highwayman Nico Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Denver, CO USA
    Very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Caddell

David Caddell New Member

Jun 17, 2022
    Newtownabbey

7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Very neat job, spot on.

8. David Caddell

David Caddell New Member

Jun 17, 2022
    Newtownabbey
    Good job indeed.
    I just seen on Total Triumph Web site they are selling Street Twin back rack for £30 reduced from £ 180, that is what I cut down to fit my Speed Twin.

• Like Like x 1