Speed Twin Dtc (fault) Codes P1576 And "-7 P22"

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Acadena, Jun 11, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Acadena

Acadena Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Rio de Janeiro-Brazil
    Hi all, My Speed Twin is 8000km and just about 2 months ago had the 1 year maintenance. It has XPIPE, Booster Plug, Smart Turn System and Smart Brake System. Everything really ok. Said that, today, from nothing, the orange ECU light got on in a middle of a ride. As soon I got home, I found a "P1576"code on the dash ( Brake light switch 1 correlation error with switch 2" ). After reading and searching a few info available, nothing really solid. So, I unplugged the Booster Plug and Smart Brake System. Checked the brake levers and both are working fine. Said all that, can you provide me any input about this? What else should I search? And what means "-7 P22" as nothing comes up on any search? And one last thing, what is the right way to find the FAULT condes on the dash? Just HOLDING the I button while turning on the bike (not engine) and then pressing the DRIVE MODE BUTTON? By the way, I was unable to repeat the procedure to get the P1576 code. I am only getting the "-7 P22" code. Thank you all.

20210610_175329.jpg

20210610_174418.jpg

20210610_174418.jpg

20210610_175329.jpg

2. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Daft question, when you said both brake levers were working well, di you mean that you have checked the brake light comes on with the rear brake? My first point of call is switch cleaner and inspect, that's about my limit though!

3. Acadena

Acadena Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Rio de Janeiro-Brazil
    Thank you for your input. Once the brake light is working properly when I press the lever with my hand as well as the foot lever, I understood the switches are working fine, so I did not check them. Tomorrow I will take it to the dealer.

4. Acadena

Acadena Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Rio de Janeiro-Brazil
    Went today to the dealer. Bike went to the scan and found what I found. P1576. Discussing with them,
    we got a common sense in what could be the problem as there was no visible problem with the brake switch. Looks like a bad connection on the wires of the Samart Brake System. This because this problem came up right after I met a hole on the street pavement. The type of connection plug I used may be the problem. So, everything fine again. Look the connections 20210611_092558.jpg

5. Acadena

Acadena Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Rio de Janeiro-Brazil
    Just another info. I inquired Triumph Customer Service, who inquired the Factory. The answer about what is "-7 P22" was: This is an internal code used only by Triumph for diagnosis. If you any problem with the ECU lights on, please go to your dealer to solve the problem".

I am still searching what it means. Just curiosity.

• Informative Informative x 1