Speed Twin Accessories

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by gadgetboy, Jul 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gadgetboy

gadgetboy New Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Austin, TX
    I just picked up a new Speed Twin and am thoroughly satisfied with my purchase. It's an amazing machine and a welcome upgrade from my 2014 Bonnie (which I still love).

While I'm certainly grateful to have the latest and greatest Triumph, the downside is that it takes awhile for part manufacturers - OEM and aftermarket - to produce accessories for the thing.

I have no desire to change anything about the bike but I do need a single, everyday-use pannier. I can't find rails nor can I find proprietary mounting kits (e.g. SW-Motech) for bags that I like. (Typically styles that fit the modern classic look.) At this point, I probably need to find a pannier that mounts without rails.

Either way, I'm concerned about fitment and height - I don't want the pipes to burn/melt the bag.

So far, I'm considering the Iron & Resin Pannier (https://ironandresin.com/products/iron-resin-moto-pannier-black) and a solid custom bag I found on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/listing/578631080/motorbike-bag-motorcycle-bag-bicycle-bag).

Based on the measurements I took, It appears that there's 13 inches between the subframe/seat pan and the highest point of the standard exhaust.

Has anyone found something that works?

2. MarkT120

MarkT120 New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Weymouth, UK
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. gadgetboy

gadgetboy New Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Austin, TX
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
  5. gadgetboy

gadgetboy New Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Austin, TX
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Stevee

Stevee Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London uk
    Anyone seen any bar risers for these yet?