SPEED TRIPLE WARRANTY ISSUES

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Col_C, Oct 11, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    There you go!! Perhaps the sensor for disabling the cruise is separate from the brake-light switch? Anyways, good it’s sorted. This was my only problem, except from the sticky clutch lever, but I sorted that before it became an issue, that’s a 3 min job.

2. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Today went to the dealer for the yearly check-up. Got new tires fitted after about 4500 km, (now sportsmart), new engine oil + filter, brake fluid replaced, recall done on brake pads and software update. They double checked about QS linkage, but don’t have QS (luckily), so all sorted. Ready for scheduled trips to Germany!

• Like Like x 4
  3. TheNakedTriple

TheNakedTriple Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

Aug 30, 2020
    North Kent.
    I loved Sportsmarts on my gsxr. Im running with Power RS now to see how they go.

4. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    I’m switching out the (admittedly sweet but essentially treadless) OEM shoes for Pilot Road 5s at the 500 mile service. I live in Seattle USA and the roads are damp and slick.

I’m keeping the sporty OEM rubber to use for a track day next summer tho. :cool:

New 2020 RS, no issues but only 300 miles so far, so it’s what you would expect.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield

Hi Jet, before you buy the Michelins, have a look at Avon Storm 3D X-M. I replaced my Michelin PR4's with them, and I think they're awesome, in the dry and wet. And a lot cheaper.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SouthBayMike

SouthBayMike New Member

Jul 9, 2020
    California
    I have a 2019 Speed Triple RS that has an engine stall problem when coming to a stop. Happens maybe 2-5 times during a 1 hour ride.
    It’s been to the dealer 4 times for this issue, the last time it was in for 5 weeks.

I called Triumph America and they were insisting that they pick the bike up and have another dealer/shop check the bike one last time to see if my local dealer missed something.

I called back the day after and said I just want my money back, buy the bike back because I don’t want it anymore. It’s a lemon and the resale is damaged.

They said they’d discuss it with upper management and get back to me. That was 12 days ago and they haven’t called me back. I want to call today but am wondering if you guys have any advice.

7. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I have the same thing.
    Only happened 5 ish times but mine is when i'm coasting to a stop and (not sure if related), turning left.
    Dealer tried to blame the q/s but when I said it didn’t have one, he changed the story and blamed me for not riding it correctly...
    I've been riding since I was 6 and i'm now 50 with no other problems like this ever, I know he's wrong but I can’t prove it.
    Good luck!

8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I've had three issues--warranty or recall-- with my 2019 Speed Triple RS since purchasing it just over two years ago.

First was the quick shifter. I learned about potential issues shortly after joining this forum shortly after buying the bike. I shared info with the service manager at my local Triumph deal and he was on it immediately. I had a new shifter arm well ordered and installed before the recall came out on that part. That was December 2019. AZ-KKT dealt with it quickly and effectively and I've had no issues with the quick shifter at all.

Next was a recall for my brake pads in August of 2020. I learned about that recall from three sources--my dealership, a letter from Triumph, and from the forum. Again, my dealership addressed the recall promptly. I do have some issues with brake squeal still but am hoping that dissipates as I ride the bike more and harder.

Finally, in November of this year I had a problem on a ride where my clutch lever seized on me and wouldn't return without me pushing it by hand. My dealership addressed it quickly and effectively by checking it then ordering and installing a new clutch level assembly/perch. Works like a charm now.

So I guess just one of these three issues was a warranty issues with the other two being recalls. At any rate, thanks to my dealership doing a great job, the issues were little more than inconveniences.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I have an addition to my 2019 Speed RS warranty list. This one is quite minor but figured I'd post it anyway as it might be helpful so some of you. The "joystick" on the left handconrtols sticks. It wasn't too bothersome but the tech that did my recent annual service noticed it and recommended it be replaced. The service manager said that this issue is "known" so had put in for a warranty before they even shared the concern with me! Anyway, I'm scheduled to bring in my bike tomorrow to get the current sticky joystick replaced.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there!
    Does this kind of stick in place if you move it or does it move freely but it’s not activating the button/position it’s on but the last position that it was in?
    Thanks for your sticking input!

11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #211 Sandi T, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Hi, @Ducatitotriumph. When it was sticking, it did still seem to change the screen views ok. I think it was mostly sticking in the last position used and not cleanly returning to its little joystick home at center. I hadn't really noticed much of an issue before the techs at my dealership worked on my bike. I suspect they caught it before it wouldn't work at all to activate what it was supposed to activate. Does that make sense??

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Bentos

Bentos New Member

Nov 5, 2020
    Somerset
    Hi all,

Slightly different Warranty question:

Had my new RS for a couple of months now. All run in, serviced and going great.

Now considering a single low exhaust such as the SC Project SC1R.

Anyone know definitively, if fitting a single low exhaust will affect my Triumph U.K. warranty? How about remapping or fitting a power commander if required? Would that affect my warranty?

I’ll speak to my dealer, but would be interested to hear what others have said before I do.

Roll on the spring!

13. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there,
    I have the sc project exhaust and it's bloody lovely.
    As for remap etc, fit the pipe, start the bike and LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL THE FAN KICKS IN.
    No blipping the throttle or touching any buttons either!
    That is all you have to do as the triumph system automatically adjusts itself to the exhaust with no remap reqd.
    As for warranty, you'll be fine BUT definitely email/call them to check that.
    Email would be best as then you'll have proof (just in case)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Paxx

Paxx New Member

Mar 30, 2022
    This is bad information. The 12 minute tune, as it is referred to, only adjust closed loop tuning. It does not modify open loop mapping which is where it matters. That's not to say a tune is required with the SC Project slip-on. Most slip-ons wouldn't require a re-tune since most of the restriction is upstream in the cats. A tune would still benefit the bike though, slip on or not really. If you go as far as replacing header or punching out cats, the '12 minute tune' isn't going to help.

15. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Don’t do it then. Simple!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    The other bad information is that the manual says leave the bike running 12 minutes from when the fan comes on, not until the fan comes on.

17. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I can’t afford to run it for 12 mins now either way….

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. kneeslider

kneeslider New Member

Jul 21, 2022
    bruchsal
    Morning!

my 22 Speed…
    Paint problem on the tank, paint blistering.
    Dealer made a claim with Triumph and a new tank on the way.

Pete

• Like Like x 1
  19. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    Top cooling hose sprung a leak - perforated hose on 2021 1160 S3 - not great. Fixed under warranty with the various recall/update items

• Like Like x 1
  20. BT81

BT81 Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Lichfield
    Hi All
    Just been out for a quick ride. Tried out cruise control for the first time.
    The bike switched itself off - whilst going 70mph. Any ideas. ....