Speed Triple 'Urban' headlight conversion

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by craig808, Jul 25, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. craig808

craig808 New Member

Jul 25, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hi guys
    I've been trawling the net for some advice and thought I'd run things past you all and see what you think.

I'm guessing there will be some purists on here who think it's sacrilege but I'm going to convert my 2011 Speed Triple headlight to the LSL Urban headlight.

From what I can see the headlight is simply a Yamaha MT03 unit which I can buy for around £80 and I can get the brackets made by a local fabricator for very little money. The cost of the LSL kit is around £350 which seems a lot of money.

Have any of you guys done this conversion (MT03) and if so how did it work out for you. Apart from the brackets and headlight unit can you envisage I'll need anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

2. craig808

craig808 New Member

Jul 25, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Cheers for the welcome. Since posting I've also found out that I'd need an instrument bracket but that a shouldn't be an issue for the fabricator. Apart from that I think I've covered everything.

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum - remember it's your bike, so don't worry what anyone else thinks.

4. craig808

craig808 New Member

Jul 25, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hey Steve, cheers fella.
    The comment about purists was very tongue in cheek and I'm definitely not the type of person to be bothered what other people think. Hell, if we all liked the same things we'd all be riding Gixxers and supporting Man United...that'd be no good for anyone :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bloody hell no! :eek:

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah and theyd all be black [​IMG]