Speed Triple Rs - Add On Accessories, Which Ones To Get?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by SpeedyRS, Jun 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi Steve. No, unfortunately it's not--it's a rear stand only. But I think Pit Bull also makes a front stand. I did a fair amount of research prior to my purchase and Pit Bull stands pretty much rose to the top of the list. My local dealer recommended them, too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I agree as well. I have had two Pit Bull stands, and they are top quality for sure. I will be ordering a front pit ball stand soon.

3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    When I bought my 2019 RS here in the U.S. (Arizona) last November, I got both the color-matched cowl (white with red) and the pillion seat as well as the color-matched visor (to which I added the Powerbronze fly screen). I didn't have to pay more to get those parts.

4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Please be sure to let me know what you think of the Pit Bull front stand, Steve. I may find the need to get one of those too, although I tend to (well, that's an understatement) bring my bikes to my local dealerships for most everything except chain maintenance. And my 2 Harleys don't even have chains so..... Hey, I do gas up and wash my own bikes, though! :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  5. speeder

speeder Noble Member

Jan 3, 2019
    dorset
    I just don't get paddock stands....140 quid gets you a center stand which takes up no space in the garage; enables both wheels to be removed at the same time and generally makes life and maintenance easier....what's not to like with them?

6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Good points all! I've never had a center stand on any of my bikes and just never had any interest. I ride with a couple of guys who use them and they (the center stands, not the guys) always look unwieldy to me--both using them as well as them just being another thing on the bike. Generally speaking, I like to either replace parts with different ones or take unneeded stuff off my bikes rather putting more on . However, having never used a center stand I can't truly say whether I'd like one or not. Space isn't an issue for me as the Pit Bull stand takes up very little space and is up out of the way in our garage. And, as I said in my post, I do little to none of my own maintenance so I really can't ever see myself removing both wheels! But my motto as I age has become "never say never". So if I suddenly and inexplicably get the urge to start wrenching on my own bikes, I'll certainly consider a center stand. Thanks for the recommendation, Speeder!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I will Sandi. I try to do everything I can regarding work on my bike, as I don’t trust the shop rushing through multiple bikes a day. I’ve had to correct a couple mistakes on my Speed Triple alone after getting it back. One of which was the shift linkage that was not tighten up. :mad:

8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's cool, Steve--you doing your own work, NOT the mistakes you had to correct! I've never learned to do mechanical work whether on a bike or a car and barely on my bicycle. Not sure that I'm interested in learning to at this point. One of the good things for me is that the Triumph dealer here is very small and I've known the guys there for a long time and have a very good relationship with them. The same holds true of my Harley-Davidson dealership. Well, the H-D dealership isn't that small but I've known most of the staff there--including mechanics--over quite a few years. I worked there for a stint actually. Plus I've been a good (as in buying numerous bikes!) customer. That certainly doesn't always mean stellar service work but I think having friendships and relationships with the staff makes a difference. NOT that is should! But, hey, we're human. Anyway, learning some wrenching skills would be a good thing and it might also be fun. That said, I'd rather spend my time actually riding!! :cool:

9. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Always good to have a good relationship with the dealer, as I believe it makes a difference in quality of work. As far as the wrenching, I like as much as the riding. There is a great satisfaction in completing the work yourself. Anyway, was at the dealer today and they put on a new shifter linkage, but they never said it was because of a TSB. Looks like the one that was posted on this forum a short while ago. Here is the pic that was posted here, mine looks identical.

3871A6FA-17E3-46B7-BAC9-50D75EEDB084.jpeg