Speed Triple Rs - Add On Accessories, Which Ones To Get?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by SpeedyRS, Jun 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    How is that possible as the intake is integrated into the fly screen.

2. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Straight from the UK site. :rolleyes:

4A9C1B5D-C27A-4EB8-AB73-04EA9C0BF4BE.png

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
  4. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    That’s not the fly screen, it’s a visor kit. As far as the colour co-ordinated seat cowl, that’s to bad they don’t include it. You just get a flat seat then?

5. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Sorry I almost forgot you wanted a before pic.

E0203673-70E6-41D7-9AA3-80186C2354FD.jpeg

0BE04A40-5549-4FFF-A24E-9FA2AA18A878.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Andymarksonline

Andymarksonline Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Kent
    My uk came with a seat cowl?

• Like Like x 1
  7. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    Agh, i see..
    Perhaps its because it's the new colours now? I'm guessing though. As you can see above, it's £141 now.

8. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Can’t say that I’m a fan of the new colours :worried:. Might look better in person looks kind of cheap in the photos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SpeedyRS

SpeedyRS New Member

May 28, 2019
    South Wales
    The black and yellow isn't very nice.. the red and white looks a lot nicer in person, i prefer it to the old red and white combo i think and thats the one i was going for until i found out they ain't doing them any more. The new has a bit more detail.

What tank grips and pads have you you put on your bike fella?

10. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Glad to hear it looks better in person. Tank grips are TechSpec Xline, pad is a Progrip I got from the dealer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. speeder

speeder Noble Member

Jan 3, 2019
    dorset
    I fitted a centre stand to my triple...

Best thing I ever did

12. speeder

speeder Noble Member

Jan 3, 2019
    dorset
    I fitted a centre stand to my triple...

Best thing I ever did

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    The seat cowl has always been on the RS options list in the UK for £141 - despite the fact that the RS comes with both the cowl and a pillion seat. Trust no one...especially not Triumph ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Speed Triple RS Aus

Speed Triple RS Aus New Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Australia
    Congrats on the purchase, such a great bike.

I went for factory frame protection and fork bobbins, much nicer than aftermarket stuff. Also oil and rad guards, I went with R&G, couldn’t find a factory Oil Cooler Guard, and they needed to match do I could sleep at night.

Beware the DLRL, I don’t think drivers can see them, have been flashed a few times...Triumph could improve these I believe...they look great though to my eyes.

Ditto on the Rosso 3s, the Supercorsa’s were great in summer, not sure about winter.

15. Mr Bad Guy

Mr Bad Guy New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Uk
    Picked mine up Friday. Dealer fitted quick shifter & heated grips. Ordered screen. Finished the look on my 765, so same again. Evotech tail tidy, rad & oil cooler guards delivered tomorrow. Speedy is much more “planted”. I prefer a bike that wants input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Welcome to the forum, SpeedyRS, and congrats on the new bike! I got my white 2019 RS last November and love it. While I've not done any mods to the "guts" of the bike (exhaust, engine, etc.) I've done some things to it that I'm quite happy with some of which other forum members have already suggested to you. Being 5'7", I got the Triumph Low Rider seat with the red stitch (looks like stock). That gained me about an inch--just enough. I added a Powerbronze dark tint fly screen which I'm super happy with for both form and function. I swapped out the stock mirrors with Motogadget m.View Blade glassless bar end mirrors. Based on recommendations from some of the active Speed Triple forum members (thanks especially to SteveRS and Sideburn!), I now have Rizoma Leggera LED front turn signals which are small but mighty. Also recommended and my most recent addition is an R & G side stand foot enlarger. It gives me WAY more confidence in my side stand. I, like many others, have the Evotech Performance tail tidy and I finished off the "tail feathers" on my bike with a Motodynamics integrated sequential LED tail light. I changed the stock foot pegs to Rizoma B-Pro silver pegs. Hmmm, what else? I added the Triumph radiator guard and the Triumph Speed Triple tank pad. I think that's everything--so far. Oh, and be sure to yank off those fugly reflectors!! Have fun both riding and customizing that new RS!! I joke that I don't decorate houses, I decorate motorcycles. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Oh yes, I did Triumph frame and fork protectors too. And I bought a PitBull stand with the Speed Triple-specific pin.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    One more thing....

While it's not a mod exactly, I got a Nelson Ring CL-1060-S2 tail bag that is a perfect size for the Speed Triple. What I did was have my seamstress friend adapt the stock straps to make the fit better (contact me if you want details and pics). I attached it to the stock passenger pillion tail section and the whole thing snaps right onto my bike. If I don't want or need a tail bag on for a ride, I just remove that tail section with the bag still attached and put the painted tail section back on. It works great and is super convenient to have my tail bag "permanently" attached to the passenger pillion tail section rather than have to mess with putting the tail bag on and taking it off of the tail section itself. BTW, who the heck could possibly ride pillion on that thing? :rolleyes: Glad I ride my own!

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Hi Sandi, is that a front stand? I’m asking because I need one and think one that lifts from the headset is a beneficial option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    SpeedyRS, I would inspect the shifter linkage to ensure it doesn’t touch the quickshifter when pushing the shifter all the way during an up shift. If it does, disable “shift assist” in the dash and take it to the dealer. This has lead to interrupting the shift process and has resulted in major gearbox damage to my bike and others. Have a look on this forum, as there are two threads talking about this issue. Even though my bike is back and the shift linkage has been dremled out to ensure there is adequate space between the two parts, I still have no interest in using the shift assist until a TSB has been issued with an official fix. Trust me when I say “it’s not worth the risk”. See photo below.

55C53F3D-2F86-44F9-B280-9742D772F395.jpeg