Speed Triple Questions

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Martin I, Mar 7, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Martin I

Martin I Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2018
    Zurich
    #1 Martin I, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Hello everyone,

I just passed my test on my 2007 1050 Speed Triple, and I would like to do some mods.

[​IMG]

I would like a single can exhaust, and really like the look of bar end mirrors and even these clip on bars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anyone have any experience with such mods? I would love to hear advice and feedback.

My usage is all round, really. Bit of town, occasional longer distance thing, no track but some twisties around where I live...

For reference, I am 6ft3 and 83kgs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #2 Sprinter, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    I have some bar end mirrors off my 2008 model genuine triumph black alloy
    ones (NOT the round ones) . Unfortunately they don't fit my 2018 model .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Martin I

Aug 23, 2018
    Zurich
    will send you a PM!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    As for clip on's, For town and distance straight bars may be a better choice. Bar end mirrors, I fitted a pair to my XJR a few years back. Hello, what's behind me and goodbye to seeing just my elbows.
    I think 2 cans under the seat always look better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stevee

Stevee Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London uk
    I actually just bought a speed triple, great bikes. Always wanted one. I have an explorer too.
    I have never fancied bar end mirrors, but i recently test rode a bike with them and to my own suprise really liked them. You can see way more than you imagine. I have twin underseat arrows on my speed and it sounds truly amazing. So those two,, yep mirrors and pipe will be good. I would not go near clip ons, the standard bars are fairly comfortable and make the bike a nice and easy to or flick about. Dont think you'll find either with clip ons on a speed...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Martin I

Aug 23, 2018
    Zurich
    I am really appreciating the feedback guys. So the bar end mirrors are something I will try, exhaust TBD... and would love to have a go with the clip ons on a speedy.

I find that I don't have the best posture on the speedy as it's quite upright. That's something I thought a lower handlebar would help eliminate.

Also, I do love the way it looks with clip-ons.

8. Martin I

Aug 23, 2018
    Zurich
    • Like Like x 6