Speed Triple GPR exhaust silencer

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by jamieweber, Mar 25, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jamieweber

jamieweber New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Hi all, just joined and hoping for some advice on my 2011 speed triple. I'm looking at fitting a GPR exhaust silencer, 3 into 1 carbonox... Does anyone have any experience with this product.

Appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks,
    Jamie

2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hi and thanks for joining, I know several people who have had them fitted with no problems infact they love them. You will need to have the bike remapped either from a dealer or there are downloads available from the internet.

3. JACKO

JACKO Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Hi Steve

I got twin akrapovics on mine and a K&N filter, bike runs perfect, no snatching or poor low speed running.

Should I have it remapped? Are there any maps available off the net for these cans?

I did go a run with the baffles out and that did mess low speed fuelling, but I prefer the baffles in as it was insanely too loud.

Akrapovic say no need for remap but to get the best out of the system you could ?

Is it really worth it, or is it only worthwhile when you put low boy full system on?

Sorry for loads of questions, cheers Pete

4. jamieweber

jamieweber New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Thanks for the reply mate, appreciate it. I'm getting it fitted tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. They do state it doesn't need a remap, any reason why I should have this done, does it over fuel?

5. JACKO

JACKO Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Jamie

Sorry to have butted in your thread, hope the GPR exhaust is to your liking. They do look good. Is it just the silencer your having or are you going full system?

Cheers

Pete

6. jamieweber

jamieweber New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Hi Pete,

No problem, that's what the forums are for ;o) I'm going for the silencer only, didn't really see the point of the full systems as I'm basically doing for for vanity purposes and not performance or weight saving (I like the look of the hanging seat) but I do think the sounds will be a added bonus. The only thing I'm not sure about is how vertical it is once fitted, I'm worried with a pillion on the back it might be quite close to their legs so undecided, I'm going to call GPR shortly and ask the question!

This is the system I'm looking at Triumph Triumph Speed Triple Single Low GPE carbonox - Only £299.00 - Moto Legends Distribution Ltd.

Cheers,
    Jamie

• Like Like x 1
  7. Conquest Racing Ltd

Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hi Pete,

If it's running okay then you should be fine, but with changing the air flow etc you could be running too rich or too lean. Next time your at the dealers ask them to plug her in for the right diagnostic setup. You might be surprised?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Conquest Racing Ltd

Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Sorry Jamie, my fault. We've been getting a lot of spam posts and occasionally I need to moderate certain posts and yours was one. You shouldn't have any delay posts from now onwards.

9. Dawg

Dawg New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Somerset
    Hi, I have a 2011 and just fitted a Scorpion carbon low silencer. It certainly is not as upswept as the GPR and sounds great. My dealer said not to bother with the re-map unless replacing the whole system as just changing the end can keeps the cat in use and is not only not necessary but can make things worse.
    I would also ditch the tail as well. I put on a tail tidy and it transforms the rear end.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    The GPR does not needa remap and runs fine without.. post some pics up when you get it fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jamieweber

jamieweber New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Thanks for the replies, so got the GPR exhaust fitted yesterday and all I can say is wow. The noise is incredible and the throttle seems a lot more responsive, I can only assume the standard cans were limiting in some way, it certainly pulls better and seems to have more low down torque. Handling is also improved, very nibble, guess due to some weight coming off of rear, those twin cans were sure heavy ;)

Only regret is I didn't do it sooner ;) very happy speed owner here, will get some pics posted once I get my tail tidy sorted!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Conquest Racing Ltd

Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Glad you like it, can't wait to see the pics ;)