Speed Triple Colours

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by ianSP3, Jun 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. speeder

speeder Noble Member

Jan 3, 2019
    dorset
    Thanks sandi, attached pic of old "baby shit" the bike has endured many insults,mainly due to the colour...but I really like it (the bike not the colour)
    All standard except for the centre stand and silencers l recycled from on older triple.
    I envy you riding in Arizona, l visited phoenix a couple of times and loved the state.

WP_20190106_11_49_32_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the photo! That is a great looking bike. I am impressed with the color--both that it's not as bad as I thought it would be based on your description and for the fact that you know a baby that sh*ts that color! :p Love those silencers. BTW, I have an eye-popping orange Harley Road Glide Special (Laguna Orange to be precise). I love the color personally but am certainly am in no position disparage anyone else's motorcycle color. :D I call that bike my "hi-viz" bike.

Yes, I really love Arizona. I've lived here since '91 and can't imagine living anywhere else at this point. Grew up in Minnesota then lived in California 10 years. Arizona has a little of everything in terms of weather (mostly great) and geography, big cities and small towns, wide open spaces and mountainous forests. When I started riding motorcycles about 8 years ago, my husband was already a rider and said that he believes that Arizona is about the best place in the U.S. to live if you ride. I've not ridden everywhere in the U.S.--and may never get to--but I have to say that I agree.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So, Steve, are you back from your ride? What's the verdict on your new Scorpion lid?? Hope you love it!

And in my opinion, you can post helmet photos any time you like. If I were to start posting photos of my motorcycle jackets, I suspect that might really rile folks up! ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Just got back. Very nice helmet for sure. Flows more air than the AGV and the visor is incredible how it ratchets backwards to deliver an unsurpassed seal. Yup, me likes :).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi Steve, thanks for the report on your new helmet! The good air flow would be a really useful thing for us here in the desert. What did you think of the air cheek pad system? When any of my ride buddies are in the market for a new helmet, I'll pass along your review of the Scorpion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    The air system is awesome Sandi. If the helmet is just slightly on the large size, the air adjustability is ideal. My noodle measures 56.5 cm, so I ordered a small and a medium to find the best fit. The small is 55-56 cm while the medium is 57-58 cm. With the small the air system is not needed, but it is with the medium. I like a tight helmet so I went with the small. In time as the padding softens the air system will be useful to keep it nice and snug. It also comes with a dark smoke lens as well. Fit and finish is superior to my AGV and it’s also more stable at high speeds, so I’ve heard ;). My brother came by with his HJC RPHA 11 pro, so we did some comparisons. The Scorpion is a fair bit narrower which makes it more difficult to pull on, but offers more room front to back for us raptor heads. The visor mechanism, with regards to moving through the detents, how well it closes and locks, is again for superior on the Scorpion. There is also an additional neck roll curtain that snugs things up even more with the Scorpion that the HJC doesn’t offer. Fit and finish seems to be on par with the HJC, but the high gloss graphics on the Scorpion wins for looks. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2