Speed Triple 2012r Remapping 2 Options ?? Which One??

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jai, Sep 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    Hi I am slightly confused on choice of mapping to download for my speed triple 2012 r ::
    But confused as to which one to chose::
    Be great to get some knowledge :)
    Running very rough... basically dies at the lights and everywhere else i stop.. revs hunt sometimes up to 2 & back down to 1. But currently revs are so so low at half then cuts out..... no fun at lights.... got to keep the revs up....:::
    TWO OPTIONS BELOW FROM TUNEECU::
    Speed Triple 1050 R model / From VIN # 499001 to VIN # 735437 , ABS model / Keihin ECU :::
    20521Map.hex OEM md5checksum ABS Use with Arrow slip-on. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 95 RON (89 RON/MON) fuel.
    20522Map.hex OEM md5checksum ABS Use with Arrow slip-on. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON) fuel.

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Jai and welcome
    Sorry I can’t help with your question but I’m sure one of the inmates will be along soon to point you in the right direction :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Why do you think its the map causing the problem. Could be air getting in at the throttle body rubbers.

4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Several ways to test for leaks in manifolds, WD 40 or Aero start or talcum powder. WD 40 and Aero start will cause engine revs to rise or fall immediately after light spray, talcum powder will be sucked into the gap leaving a dark area where the leak is .

Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    The lads are correct it doesn't sound anything to do with the mapping.... maybe connect tuneecu to bike and do a diagnostic check to see if any faults pop up if none show, do what capt suggests check hoses for splits etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum Jai

hi.gif

7. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    Hee Hee thanks again :)

Bit of a mystery as to why then the tuneecu will not see my bike :(
    Get the red light flashing then error: ECU is not responding: Check cable connection: Turn ignition off and on.”
    1. deleted drivers and reloaded
    2. already tested on lovely daytona and worked a treat much older bike and been heavily modified
    3. my speed triple has already connected to an obd2 diagnostic code reader and works
    :(
    frustrating as heck my speedy is constantly hunting on the throttle and then conking out at a stop

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Jai
    Try asking your question in the speed triple section of this forum :)
    Not everyone comes into the newbies hangout :confused:
    And I know that there’s lots of owners in there and quite a bit of knowledge about tune ECU :p

9. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    hello thank you
    me wee bike ... had to buy new ecu brains will see how it pans oout ....

10. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    helooo like that pic... thanks you
    still awaiting to tuneecu out me bike ... got the new ecu brains.. second hand of course.. the weekend will be either celebration or swamps of tears

11. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    helooo like that pic... thanks you
    still awaiting to tuneecu out me bike ... got the new ecu brains.. second hand of course.... with be one of two scenarios ... get to ride my remapped bike running best ever since i have had it... or.... tears.,. and taking bike to triumph... tears are over the expense...lol

12. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi & Welcome, hope you get it sorted.

14. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Definitely try the WD40 around the air intakes under the air box
    Make sure the airbox is secured correctly
    Safe to presume there is no air blockage in the air box or the filter is nice n clean
    Spark plugs are new/gaps correct
    SAI has been done to reset the throttle position at tick over (when bike is stone cold, turn on ignition without touching throttle, and leave it until fan kicks in, this should reset the throttle sensor/tick over position thingy)
    If tick over is so bad the above can't be done then as suggested TunECU would help diagnose issue with throttle balancing and error codes, just have to get it to connect
    Are you using a mobile device or laptop for TuneECU - try the other is so...may help
    What is the battery condition, if low voltage, may cause low engine speed problems (stretching here, but worth checking)

15. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    hi thanks for your response ... we pretty much done everything except remapping... this weekend ... will let you know how i go ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    Hi thanks agian this weekend fingers x'd gots the new ecu brain so should go smooth if not ... ........./:{

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome.....
    Wessa

18. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Jai and welcome to the forum :)

19. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    hello thanks again :)

20. Jai

Jai New Member

Sep 27, 2018
    woking
    cheers great to gleen loads of knowledge :)