Speed Triple 1200 Rs - The Revolution Is Coming

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by SuperHans, Jan 12, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. a-tomic

a-tomic Member

Mar 15, 2020
    Trieste
  2. jollyjohn

jollyjohn New Member

Jun 17, 2016
    stafford uk
    Any guesses on price ? Its got to imported now & new models always go up so my guess is 15k. I have been waiting for this as I gave up trying to buy a current one as all the cheap ones late last year were matt black.

3. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    • Like Like x 1
  4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    About time triumph :) I might test ride one! Will it tempt me away from the superduke? I'd still be taking a hit in the torque department which was always going to be the case with a V-twin. Now if they announce it has separate traction and wheelie control it will make it more tempting. Oh and a keyless fuel cap!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. S3RS

S3RS New Member

Oct 22, 2020
    NJ
    Wow... looks like the geometry has changed too. I mean I should wait till official pictures but the forks seem to carry less rake.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zaico

Zaico Member

Jul 10, 2020
    Sweden
    Another thing I've noticed is that the oil cooler is nowhere to be seen. At least it's not located below the radiator anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. a-tomic

a-tomic Member

Mar 15, 2020
    Trieste
    Similar like on my former s1000r.
    But i liked more this version on spy photos

two pipe bmw s1000r.jpg

spotted-new-triumph-speed-triple-spy-shots (1).jpg

spotted-new-triumph-speed-triple-spy-shots.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #49 Ducatitotriumph, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    still no bloody sight glass!
    However, it’d have to be very nice for the extra money upgrading from the rs.
    And, i've never been disappointed in the power of the rs (torque and power) as, personally, that's why I came from sports bikes in the first place.
    Less power but WAY nicer.
    For me, it's a chase for hp figures and nothing to do with the real world.
    Might as well change the sports bikes by just sticking bar risers (and bars) and slightly lower pegs and save money.
    Same result.
    That's why (IMO of course) the ktm superduke gt is great (if touring)
    No bloated GS (or multistrada) that it's never off road anyway (and just gets heavier), it's a genuine machine for the real world.
    That's why I love my RS too.
    Way better than i'll ever be but i'm tired of "keeping up with the jone's"!
    Prepared to be wrong though!?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    I really look forward to this bike, especially after trying the Tuono (or my mates pimped gixxer). Not sure I will buy an early adopter and get the first bikes or the bikes produced thge first year, there will always be recalls and issues that needs to be found and ironed out.

• Like Like x 3
  11. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Given its a brand new bike its usually better to wait for the 2nd gen too

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA

Yeah, my thoughts as well. The 2019/2020 RS at 148hp and 85 lb-ft is ample for the street, although there may be a few Rocket owners around here who would disagree! :p

The 2021 RS tail section is generic and I’ve never “gotten” the look of the headlights mounted down low on the forks like Ducati’s Streetfighter or the S1000R (and now the RS apparently).

Right now today I’m thinking “thank goodness I bought a 2020 RS before they changed it.”

I would be pleased to be proven wrong, though, as would my Triumph dealer because I just can’t seem to stop buying bikes from them. :grinning:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Also, can I beef once again about Triumph’s conservative colorways? The old RS came in white or matte black (*yawn*). The 2021 version comes in silver or matte black (zzzzzzzz... ).

Remember Roulette Green, and Strontium Yellow, and the delicious F.U. of Nuclear Red? Those were Speed Triple colors. Or rather, colours.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I wonder if SC Projects will do some nice under seat pipes for it.......:joy::joy::scream:

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden

And here is the presentation of the new Speed Triple.

16. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    Looks great but it's over £15K, so a bit too salty for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    About bloody time, well done Triumph :)
    Genuinely like it, it's lighter, it's got the power to bring it in line with its competitors in the super naked class, its got a keyless fuel cap to go with the ignition and they do a GLOSS black one with red details :heart_eyes:
    Did anyone catch if it has separate wheelie and traction control? That would still be a deal breaker for me!.. but so far I'm impressed and will, at some stage have a test ride :grinning:

18. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    #58 Hubaxe, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Very nice bike. Looks very fun and light. I just don't know why they still put rear footpeg and pretend you can have a passenger on that?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Yes , a test ride will be fun. Whenever that may be......As will the PX value of my 2018 RS .... . I do like the look of the new bike . I was thinking about putting a low pipe on mine so the new one would tick that box Let’s see what the future brings about getting to a dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Carl556

Carl556 Senior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Durham Uk
    What do yous think about the linked braking system. Good for the road? Not so great for the track fiends perhaps ? I’m hoping it can be switched off.