Speed Triple 1200 Rs Low Oil Pressure Warning

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by sunny_speedtriple1200rs, Jan 9, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sunny_speedtriple1200rs

Jan 9, 2022
    NEW ZEALAND
    hi guys, just bought the speed rs, it has a low oil pressure warning showing occasionally at low speed, and will be gone after restarting the bike. When riding at highway speed no problem, only after stopped and start going again, oil level is fine. Does anyone have the same problem?

will go to the dealer soon but just too busy now. thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Hi sunny. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.

Have you checked the oil level they've put in?

3. sunny_speedtriple1200rs

Jan 9, 2022
    NEW ZEALAND
    Hi thanks for reply, yes i have checked oil level is definitely fine, checked when hot and cold too.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Perhaps it's just a sensor, then. Other people around here with more engineering knowledge than me (not difficult) will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Only thing I know of is the different procedure for changing the oil/filter causing the oil warning light to come on due to a vacuum in the system. Let us know what the dealer says, always good to have an outcome.
    Welcome BTW, where are you in NZ, I have relatives in Wellington and have traveled both islands a fair bit.

6. sunny_speedtriple1200rs

Jan 9, 2022
    NEW ZEALAND
    Hi, I am in Hamilton, which is also in north island. the bike is new haven't done
    its first service yet. thanks

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Not too far from @Dartplayer then. I passed through Hamilton on the way to Cape Rienga a few years back, love the area and have fond memories of Napier and Roto Vegas, especially driftkartz.co.nz I nearly wet myself the first time I went there.
    Be careful if you are planning on doing the service yourself as the procedure for filling with oil is different to earlier models.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. sunny_speedtriple1200rs

Jan 9, 2022
    NEW ZEALAND
    I have just been to Cape Rienga last week, beautiful view there. I will take the bike to dealer for service to keep the warranty on the bike. thanks for advce

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Sadly when I was there it was incredibly foggy and I couldn't see anything, though i did hear the sea:)
    The boogy boarding on the sand dunes and the drive on 90 mile beach made up for it though.
    Welcome, and enjoy that great bike.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Sunny and welcome to the forum :cool: Dealer will be best for run in period. I had the pressure light come on when oil level was ok, but that was heat sitting still, so you may have the same due to the hot weather we have had :p

11. sunny_speedtriple1200rs

Jan 9, 2022
    NEW ZEALAND
    hi thanks for your reply. may i ask what bike you have and how did you solve the issue? or did you just leave it. my bike might have the same issue as every time light come on is when I've been riding for a while and i stopped in traffic. the bike gets pretty hot.

12. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Hot weather… you’re not funny you know!!! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    2018 Speedmaster. The fan works well when moving, but not so good when stopped in heat.:oops:
    Not positive, but I think you will find this goes after first service. Make sure you let the dealer know, just in case.:eek:

14. Gábor

Gábor New Member

Apr 18, 2022
    Nederland
    Hi Sunny!
    Today I get the same problem with new RS. I have just 800km in it.
    I stop with and restart the bike and was gone. I gonna call the dealer also tomorrow. How is in UK, when need to have firts oil change? Here in Nederland we have after 1000km.

15. sunny_speedtriple1200rs

Jan 9, 2022
    NEW ZEALAND
    Hi, i have solved the problem. it's faulty oil pressure sensor replaced under warranty. so should be same on your bike. I'm in New Zealand first service is 1000km :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    Hi there. I’ve had my 1200 RS for the last three weeks and have been getting the same problem. Glad you got yours sorted. Will get the dealer to change mine at its first service next week. Cheers

17. Ridelikerossi

Ridelikerossi New Member

Jan 22, 2023
    New zealand
    Picked up my new speed triple rs today. Same prob here. Low oil pressure warning came up. Restarted engine and went away but came up again when started later on driveway. Only done 75ks. (In new zealand )

18. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    I’ve had the same problem since buying mine last year. It’s a “known issue” so triumph tell me. Supposedly sending someone out to look at it for me, but still waiting. It’s basically a case of either ignoring it or restarting for me.

19. NLTriple

NLTriple New Member

Mar 11, 2021
    London
    Only just read through this ...
    1200rr..got her April ..
    Had this happen ...after speaking to dealer told it was a sensor issue..and would be sorted on 1st service...... so booked her in and off I went and put 500miles on her that weekend...... sensor 'was a known problem ' and replaced ......
    Never been a problem since

20. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    Ah that’s interesting. Will be speaking with the dealer then! Thanks for the post.