Spare Parts

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MICK LEONARD, Nov 4, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MICK LEONARD

MICK LEONARD Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    SOUTH COAST UK
    Just went to my dealer (Dorset) to get two small screws that hold the cover on the front brake reservoir. Not in stock so must order. How bloody pathetic that small fixings and fasteners etc are now not kept in stock. They have these bloody great big shinny showrooms full of over priced clothing and accessories, but have lost sight of the basics. Sorry, rant over. Cheers

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    These guys are pretty good and deliver quickly:
    https://www.pro-bolt.com/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    No profit in a couple of shitty little screws but big mark up on a jacket/ helmet etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Items like that can be had very cheaply from your local fastener suppliers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MICK LEONARD

Oct 31, 2022
    SOUTH COAST UK
    Totally agree mate. Unfortunately profit comes before service to the customer. Years ago (this shows my age) I had a Royal Enfield Super Meteor and I needed a front wheel spindle. The spares shop didn't have one so the guy went into the workshop and turned me one up on his lathe. Happy days

• Like Like x 6
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #6 Eldon, Nov 5, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Funny enough a friend of a friend of mine called the other week for a coolant flush on his zx9 after some overheating issues.
    I pointed out someone had damaged his brake caliper bolt and with him having had recent tyres it was probably done on the last tyre change no doubt.

20221011_203905.jpg

I didn't have any M10 x 1.25P bolts ( M10 x 1.5P being the ISO standard as in the longer bolt below) so single point cut him a new one on the lathe from a stock cap head.

20221012_203810.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  7. MICK LEONARD

Oct 31, 2022
    SOUTH COAST UK
    Great work mate, and its nice to hear there are a few craftsmen out there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. robin phillips

Dec 13, 2020
    somerset
    Hi All ! How about this for shxxt ' service ' .....Last week some thieving B tried to steal my beloved 2008 Bonneville........They were disturbed ( and didn't manage to steal the bike ) but did however damage the ign lock assembly...
    I contacted my local Triumph main dealer in Bristol.... Sorry not available until Feb next year !!!!
    Unbelievable my bike will be unusable for a third of a year......
    This has damaged my confidence in the 'brand' .......
    ( It's part number is : T 2500803 .... If there is one tucked away somewhere )

The garage is now protected by a grenade !

Safe riding all .....

Robin

• Like Like x 2
  9. MICK LEONARD

Oct 31, 2022
    SOUTH COAST UK
    Sorry to hear that mate. Thieving bastards will steal anything not nailed down. This goes to show what I was saying in earlier post that Triumph are more interested in selling over priced clothing and accessories than stocking parts to keep you on the road. They are also nocking out new models like nobodies business, thus making it even more difficult for dealers to keep spares.

• Like Like x 1
  10. robin phillips

Dec 13, 2020
    somerset
    Thanks for your reply Mick.... I have e -mailed Mr Bloor direct regarding this crxp service for such a recognised brand. The after sales service team have now been in touch (!) and I am hoping their helpful chap Carl may be able to assist.........?

4 months to not be able to use the Bonneville ...... as no replacement ignition assembly is available !

I had 4 BMW 's prior to moving to Triumph......... My confidence in the brand is ' under consideration ' .....I was contemplating a new Bonneville .....but we'll ?
    Eyes Robin

• Like Like x 5
  11. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I have a 2008 Bonney you should be able to use any on of ignition I would go to an auto electrican and see what they can do this place in Brisbane Queensland Aus ,will have a second hand switch and get it there quicker than 4 months

IMG_3287.jpeg

12. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    I have a 2008 Bonney you should be able to use any on of ignition I would go to an auto electrican and see what they can do this place in Brisbane Queensland Aus ,will have a second hand switch and get it there quicker than 4 months

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    didn't load first reply

IMG_3287.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. robin phillips

Dec 13, 2020
    somerset
    Thank You so very much for his info ...... Much appreciated...
    Kind regards Robin

• Like Like x 1
  15. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Just think how many parts there are on any one model then multiply by the number of models and then by the discontinued models and then calculate the size of the warehouse needed to stock all these parts then complain about availability???

16. robin phillips

Dec 13, 2020
    somerset
    Thank you for your 'reply' ! ......I do hope you are not deprived of using your machine for over FOUR months , due to a fairly standard part ( an ignition barrel ) in my case , not being available.....until February 2023 !
    Duty of care to Triumph Customers ....... ? I would suggest quite a few Bonnevilles have been produced ..........( perhaps the fact that we as a Country don't make so much these days , it's all been outsourced overseas )?
    ( Thank You to Forum 'Folks' who have made HELPFUL suggestions as to sourcing the part that will enable me to get the Bonnie back on the road where it belongs ) Appreciated !

• Like Like x 1