Featured Touring Spain Trip 1

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by roadrider, Jul 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Thought I'd get round to doing a short write up of our Spanish trip that we did in June.
    Caught the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander,which was delayed but not a problem,though loading seemed to take a long time,not helped by a pull from customs who made me take my drybag off and scanned it :mad: oh well! that's the first time.
    We'd book a night close to the port in case of problems,which turned out to be the best plan as we didn't get off the boat until gone 8 o'clock.
    Had a great ride to the second hotel,though the weather was a bit damp,but this is "green Spain" so it can rain any time.
    We stayed 3 night's at the Hotel del Oso which I can thoroughly recommend.
    http://hoteldeloso.es/en/home/
    Friendly staff,good food and good value.Book through Brittany Ferries and you'll get a good deal.
    The Picos is stunning,road's are just a load of bends strung together and it seems no one lives there! because traffic is next to nothing.

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    What are you doing roadrider letting the secret out:);)

We first toured Northern Spain 16 /17years ago and there really was hardly any traffic on some of the best roads in Europe at that time.
    Been back 6 or is it 7 times :rolleyes: usually heading west and south a bit and on the odd occasion we've ventured into Northern Portugal, crap roads and crazy drivers:mad:

Love the place it's the real Spain hardly anyone spoke English and when you pulled up in a village for lunch or coffee the whole village would come out and look at the bikes.
    Think they only saw and rode mopeds.

Happy days.

Dave.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Looks a lovely area, and that Hotel looks really nice

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That looks pretty good - like the idea of empty roads!

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Very nice looking hotel and ribbons of beautiful bike roads - it's on my 'bucket list'.

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Roadrider did you go up in the cable car at Fuentes De, just up the road from your hotel.

My mate jibed at the last minute,,,,,,,,,,thank god:eek:.

Dave.

7. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Yes we did the cable car :confused:
    Sorry for letting the secret out.
    It's worth checking it out.

8. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    Been there for the last 3 years, also there on June but went down to Portugal and back.

As you say fantastic area and Portugal just the same, so quiet and cheap.

Teejay