Featured Touring Spain 2021

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by andypandy, Nov 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Myself and Steve @Wessa are going to Northern Spain in September 2021. No dates yet but probably mid month and 10 nights actually in Spain plus nights onboard the ferry. We envisage staying 3 nights in Jaca, 3 nights in La Seu d'Urgell and then 3 or 4 nights in different locations. At this stage, we are looking to book the ferry in the new year and only book hotels that give free cancellation. We hope that the corona virus situation will be a bit more settled by then. If any forum members want to join us, either for all, or part of the trip, you will be most welcome. Any question, please ask.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Thanks for posting @andypandy (Andy) let's hope that we can get there this time :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Doing a "big trip", Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France in September.
    Otherwise I would have joined you.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    We're hoping to be in Spain sometime next year to visit a friend of mine in Murcia. You never know how things will turn out though so I'll tentatively throw my hat in to the ring.

• Like Like x 5
  5. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    I need to get my arse in motion and do a tour on my bike.
    Spain would be nice. And on the way there I cross a load of countries.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I had a funny thought when I read your post, roadrider. In Europe a big trip often entails riding in a number of different countries. In the U.S. we may do the same number of miles but our trips--especially in the West--entail riding in a few different states! :) Or if you live in Texas you can do big miles...and never even leave Texas! :joy:

image.png

image.png

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yep, as I just mentioned in my previous post!

8. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Do you guys have the option to stick your bike on a train and cross a few states via train and then drive back?
    I know they have that option in Germany which is a brilliant idea.

9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I don't know whether that's an option in the U.S. but I don't think so, SuperHans. I did see something that was posted about ten years ago indicating that Amtrak had some lines that allowed motorcycles. But I don't think or know whether that's still the case.

When Mr. Sandi and I talk about a trip where we'd primarily be interested riding in a particular region but would entail days of riding "the slab" just to get there, we're more inclined consider flying there and then renting motorcycles. Perhaps someone else on the forum knows if we here in the U.S. can transport by train??

10. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    @Sandi T.
    You made me realise I still have the "crossing the US" on a motorcycle on my bucketlist, and to be honest, not just crossing, would be nice to cross over and go on another way back.
    Start in SanFran via LA and then cross over via the southern states, up on the eastcoast and back again via the northern states to lets say...Portland or something.

I did cross India vertically in a Auto Rickshaw....but that was a while back, I need a new challenge.

And....sorry for hijacking the thread...back to Seranoham-land :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Beerman

Beerman Guest

12. Beerman

Beerman Guest

#12 Beerman, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2020
    I have done Dallas to Austin Texas in under an hour.

However, on that occasion, I was on a plane...I need to get back and do it on a bike, when they let us move again! Whoops..wandering off topic again.

Beerman

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Please Guys & Gals no crap, sorry, digression. I really wanted this thread to be for people who wanted to join our little trip. ;):rolleyes::)

• Like Like x 4
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
  15. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Apologies both; I can get carried away!

Beerman

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I apologize for my part in the thread digression, @andypandy. :( :kissing: Hope you get a nice ride group together for your 2021 Spain trip!! :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I could be interested in this as well Andy. It all depends upon my move back to the UK, but in theory yes, yes.

• Like Like x 2
  18. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    That's great Nikki, we need someone to get the drinks in.
    Seriously though, you are most welcome. We are not booking the ferry until the new year and will probably book hotels through booking.com with free cancellation.

• Like Like x 3
  19. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Andy, I quite fancy a bit of a trip next year so can I lodge my interest for the Jaca and La Seu d'Urgell components please ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Of course. :D

• Like Like x 1