765 Sounded Like Cct But Wasn't...

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Dark Rider, Jun 29, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    So my bike started to make a classic cam chain tensioner noise, loud tapping/ knocking sound at the top of the motor. Sounds exactly like cam chain, except that it never went away, which was concerning.

I took it to Triumph themselves and the techs said it sounds just like cam chain and said its fine and they can adjust it at the 20k km valve service.

I went to my local race tech who races the Daytona 675R.

He agreed that it sounded like cam chain but wanted to check the exhaust manifold bolts as well.

Upon his inspection he found that all the manifold bolts had come loose, about 2 turns worth...

The bolts holding down the pair valve cover(?) had also come loose and gasses were escaping or air was entering the system causing blow by and that noise.

Once he had tightened everything up the noise was completely gone and no CCT noise can be heard.

So just a heads up to owners that might have the same sound I had. Check the header bolts as well as the bolts on the par valve covers.

Relatively simple and cheap fix.

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Says a lot about your local Triumph techs doesn't it?
    Mmm

• Funny Funny x 1