Sorn And Cv 19

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Johnjo, Mar 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    I'm thinking of putting the bike on sorn for the duration.

Never done it before. Usually keep the bike tax running for the year for the odd sunny winters day.

What do you think ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    I renewed the tax on my kwak last weekend in advance of it running out on Tuesday and before the lockdown was announced, I am gonna roll with it, I can still use it for shopping and in certain other circumstances

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    I'm SORNing my 3 Triumphs. It's bad enough having 2 at home and riding 1, but if I can't ride any of them, I'm not paying!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I'm hoping that we will only be on lock down for a couple of months, so reckon I will keep my bikes on the road so they are ready to go straight away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Thanks for the replies.

On balance I have sorn mine. I only use it for pleasure riding and don't think we will be doing that any time soon. Besides it's easy enough to tax it again online when we get the all clear.

Thanks again all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    OK, here’s my opportunity to learn something new today on the forum! ;) What is sorn? :confused:

7. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hi Sandi,

Vehicle excise duty ( bike tax ) is currently £91 per annum here in the UK. So I think I will be reimbursed about £80 like Smilinjack.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hmmm, anyone from the U.S. know if there's something like that here? I haven't been able to ride my motorcycles since my bicycle accident which is now over two months. And I suspect I won't be able to ride for another two months at least. I'd sure LOVE to save on registration and insurance costs if that's a possibility.