Sooner Or Later, I May Get It Right...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by HuskerVSO, Nov 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dallenbaugh

Dallenbaugh Active Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Santa Cruz , CA
    Hi Husker VSO, man I can relate to your story. My life not as "exciting" as yours but I'm also 71 and got my first bike(?) at 16, a Cushman Eagle. But last year bought a new Speedmaster and just completed a 2800 mile trip. Had such a great time that I'm planning a longer trip next year. Keep safe and we're never to old.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. T100rider

T100rider Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Deerfield, Illinois
    Welcome and although my path and journey are quite different, I share the passion and joy that comes with the simple pleasure of burning dino juice on two wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HuskerVSO

HuskerVSO Member

Oct 31, 2019
    Nebraska
    Good morning!
    I so agree on "never too old" !! At the moment, here in Western Nebraska, we're having a "snow globe" snow fall. 19 hours ago, I was cruising down the highway for one more "one more last ride before Winter". It was wonderful.
    I remember the Cushman's very well as reliable as a Ford tractor. I know it's cliche' as hell, but those were the Good Ol' Days!
    Congratulations on your trip! I look forward to mine. If I can stay off mine, and when Winter officially sets in, she'll be in the Winter Beauty Makeover status.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. HuskerVSO

HuskerVSO Member

Oct 31, 2019
    Nebraska

I so agree on the poem. The first time I read it, I re-read it probably ten times to let it soak in. It's a philosophy I certainly have lived without realizing it. My son, who is my favorite person on the planet, has inherited that as well. A few years ago, I did a painting of him, as I see his personality. Love that kid...

Wild-at-Heart2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Arnie

Arnie Active Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Blackpool
    Nice looking bike, I have the gloss black speedmaster, great ride, take care mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HuskerVSO

HuskerVSO Member

Oct 31, 2019
    Nebraska
    Go Big Red is struggling this year and last year and most likely next year. I took a Vietnam combat veteran to his Honor Flight to DC out of Omaha a couple years ago, and got to do the "tunnel walk" and go out on the field. It was a spectacular experience.
    I've tried "armchair coaching", like my father did as he listened to the games on a little transistor radio long ago, but they've not taken my advice. I miss the Big 8 and Big 12 days for sure!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    I am surprised there was not an enormous angry red mob, holding a necktie party Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HuskerVSO

HuskerVSO Member

Oct 31, 2019
    Nebraska

I finished a bison leather tool bag over the Holiday break, but am having a hard time uploading a pic of it on my file. I am very easily confused and have a severe lack of patience :0)

IMG_4415.JPG.jpg

IMG_4414.JPG.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  10. HuskerVSO

HuskerVSO Member

Oct 31, 2019
    Nebraska

I finished a bison leather tool bag over the Holiday break, but am having a hard time uploading a pic of it on my file. I am very easily confused and have a severe lack of patience :0) View attachment 78626 View attachment 78627

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    A very warm welcome to you sir :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Husker and welcome in to the Triumph Forum - Nursie will be along soon with your "meds".

Your first post was probably the best intro I've ever seen on an internet forum and I related to quite a lot of it.

I'm only a young'un by comparison to you guys (67), but maintain the same idea as you of riding 'til I drop.

4 years ago did a tour of England. Two years ago did a tour of northern Italy; this year was southern France/Northern spain etc etc.

Still love to ride.

Dave

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Welcome Husker. As has been said, an awesome opening post and I love the leather roll. great skills there!
    Long may we all ride in safety eh!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. HuskerVSO

HuskerVSO Member

Oct 31, 2019
    Nebraska
    Thanks to all for your welcomes and responses! Dave, I am particularly envious of your bike tours! On my "bucket list" is a ride through my ancestral Scotland. My brother, who unlike me, is wealthy, got married on the bridge at St. Andrews and he and his lovely wife have been all over England, Scotland and Ireland.
    My escapades have taken me to Bike Week at Daytona and Sturgis, and a life-altering experience at an "Easy Rider Rodeo" at Chillicothe, Ohio during my Harley days. Drugs, sex and rock and roll would be an understatement as to the goings-on during that weekend. Thank you Lord for Redemption.

As to the tool bag, it's so cathartic to have an idea, hand-make every aspect of it, and have a unique result. I plan on doing the Speedmaster seat and saddle bags the same way. I told my youngest son, who is also very creative, that I didn't want to "half-ass" it. He said, "Dad, you whole-assed it!"

My best to all!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Hi and welcome, nice bike and great tool roll

• Agree Agree x 1