Something has happened to the forum...................................

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by thebiglad, Mar 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I need to Photosynthesis, bring on the sun :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. tj2

tj2 Member

Sep 21, 2016
    nowhere
    Well all I can say is " if you can't find it in this thread, you could always do a search on google or even the internet thingy"

:p:rolleyes::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Sorry I know I've come late to this chat but thought I'd post anyway

Personally I don't even look at any threads that seem political because I know everyone has a different opinion and from experience someone always gets offended it a big group "discussion".

But what I really wanted to say was how helpful and friendly I have found everyone on the forum since I've been a member.

I ask stupid questions (repeatedly) and have no knowledge to share so am pretty much dead weight...but I have always had really helpful comments and lots of encouragement!

Biglad...I've found your help invaluable so it would be a great shame for you to leave. Even if just on a selfish level for me!!

This is the only forum I'm a member of so I can't compare it to anything but I'm definitely not looking for another one!

Keep up the good work all

• Like Like x 5
  4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #84 R_1000, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    ^^ Owning so many different bikes I have been a member of lots of forum. I can say that people can be cold and offensive. Sometimes it's like a 2 year old tantrum. On some of the forum you need a thick skin to get through the initial stage and once you start building some knowledge life get a little easier. Once I asked a question what torque settings I need for my front wheel....the responses I received....learn how to search.....get a manual.....you shouldn't even touch it if you had to ask.....etc etc.. I am sure you get the gist of it. But hey....I don't take it to my heart or get upset because there is always someone nice who will come along and be kind enough to give you that answer you are searching. So it's all good ;)

I am not saying this to make anyone happy BUT this is the only forum I found where people are civilised and help you and encourage you in a very positive manner.

Biglad....You and others have given me plenty of advice and got me through a lot of bike issues. Never once I was made to feel small or not welcomed. Sometimes we will end up with a thread NOT to everyone's taste. We can't let opinions and differences push us apart. Because as I said we are civilised and when push comes to shove...we will always support each other. It's like growing up with lots of siblings around you and you will always have differences of opinion pretty much on everything BUT you always care for them and vice-versa they care and appreciate you. So please buddy.....stick around as we all have a long boring fun exciting angry smiles of all sorts journey to make ;). Let's all stick together, have a laugh and share our knowledge and enjoy our passion - Bikes :)

• Like Like x 8
  5. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
  6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Its the real thing :D:D

7. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well that's gone and done it. I've been fillin'up the last day or so what with all this outpouring of
    emotions and such and Gloria and Ade being, well, friendly like. Now I've burst and all my mascara's
    running. I'm all beside myself. :rolleyes::D:confused::)

• Like Like x 3
  8. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I know that as a Yank my world view is skewed by living here across the pond and out in the desert. My country is a tad less civil than the UK and I suppose France (though never visited yet). My life experiences and my current place of residence give me a world view that may be vastly different for some of the members. Certainly I have had an overdose of politics living here over the past election cycle.
    I have personally benefitted greatly from many of the members knowledge here and have even established a friendship or two :).
    That said - I like things mechanical in nature such as bikes, cars, boats, planes and guns. Pretty much anything fast and loud is very agreeable to me. I know most of you can appreciate that velocity is measured in smiles per mile.
    I realize that many of you do not shoot guns, have no experience with them, don't care to learn about the intricacies of their operation and a few members may be fearful of these inanimate objects and wish to forget they still exist. If anything I have posted has caused any member thoughts of ejecting from this fine forum then I am chagrinned and implore you to stay on board.
    This is after all about our love of Triumphs and other two wheeled pleasure devices that happen to light our fires.

CHEERS,

Chris

• Like Like x 5
  9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Chris, can I come over an shoot guns? :cool::D

• Like Like x 6
  10. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    ^^^ Yeah knowing me I'll probably end shooting myself on the foot. I believe it's called accidental discharge :eek:

Now wouldn't that be a sight :rolleyes:

DD...let me know if you are in a firing range.....I think I will stay well clear of the area/town, just incase you get overly excited ;) :D

• Like Like x 3
  11. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Something scary happened today. Today is my sons birthday. He is turning 2. So I took half a day off n went to pick up my little girl who is in reception. The idea was to pick her up n go out as a whole family.

Anyways so I walked to my daughters school n as I was reaching the entrance, noticed everything was deserted o_O

Next thing I see the principal come running over to me and said get inside the building now. So I obey her. So now we are locked inside the school but you can still see the entrance through the glass doors. I see all these police cars turning up n all the officers started sorrounding the building. Apparently a gun man was spotted near the school hence a lock down. The school next to my daughters is a Jewish school n they think it was targeted. Anyways 40 mins later n tons of police force we are asked to leave immediately n not to hang about. I didn't need to be told twice. I just grabbed my daughter, put her on my shoulder n legged it home.

What a drama. It wasn't a pleasant one.

Be vigilant out there. But do not let these scumbags shatter our love for our country or our British Values. We will continue to be the civilised proud kind considerate people that we are.

12. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Absolutely you can :). I live 15 minutes from the largest shooting facility in North America. It is run by the state of Arizona and is host to many national and international competitions. I volunteered there for several years as an RSO.
    https://www.azgfd.com/shooting/basf/
    Yes, come enjoy some kinetic fun. As Jez says you need to get in queue. :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    That is some scary stuff when your children are involved. I am relieved nothing came of it and your little one did not have to witness anything that makes an irreversible memory. Stay safe as you can and keep your 500 foot personal radar on as situational awareness is key.

14. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    We have concrete shooting benches so even an aroused shooter won't topple the table and miss a shot, no worries....BIG GRIN.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Ooh, archery as well :)
    Will they lend me lots of big guns?. :confused::D
    Last time over, never thought about it till a month after I got back and saw an advert for a place close to where I stayed,  bugger. :mad:

• Like Like x 3
  16. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ I will share some kinetic dispensers in various calibers and platforms. There is a business nearby where we can go hire and fire machine guns as well if you fancy trying those.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I might break my nails :oops::D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. desertspeedy

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ We shall have gloves, no worries. My Tonya shoots regularly as well and she is all about the nails :).

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Right then, off to check flights to the US of A!!!! :D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Oh shite! I've hit the tail end again of another big post!
    Some of these threads are so big that I need a car to drive back to the beginning again to red what all the fuss is about. SEVERN PAGES LONG!!
    Crikey what have I missed and what's it all about??

Sometimes we could do with a subtitle of 'SUMMERY' as they are now hard to really join in to at any particular point.
    So, what's up that I didn't notice about this forum? (Or maybe I did but was too busy to read?)

• Like Like x 1